Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sto' mo' fo' sho'! KVM Backup Plans in Utah. Can you handle it, Big Boy? 500GB/$7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sto' mo' fo' sho'! KVM Backup Plans in Utah. Can you handle it, Big Boy? 500GB/$7

CableChiefCableChief Member
edited May 2016 in Offers

Got lots to store? We've got your back, brother.

RENEGOTIATED BANDWIDTH! We've got more outgoing bandwidth to spare, so all incoming bandwidth is now free and unmetered!

Node Specs:

2x Intel Xeon L5630

96GB DDR3 RAM

20x2TB RE4 HDDs in Hardware RAID-6 with BBU

Let's get down to business here are the plans:

512MB RAM 250GB HDD 1 CPU Core (fair share) 1TB Outgoing (Server - Internet) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) Unmetered Incoming (Internet - Server) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) $4.99/mo KVMOrder now!

1024MB RAM 500GB HDD 1 CPU Core (fair share) 2TB Outgoing (Server - Internet) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) Unmetered Incoming (Internet - Server) Bandwidth @ 1Gbps (fair share) $6.99/mo KVMOrder now!

NO Torrenting or warez please, let's keep it clean :)

All VPS plans come with 1 IPv4 address (extra $1.25/month) and /112 (65,535) IPv6 addresses. SolusVM Control Panel.

Want to test the network? Go ahead!

Network provided by GorillaServers, Ogden, Utah. Test IP: gs0.cablechief.com Test file (1GB): gs0.cablechief.com/1gb.bin

We accept PayPal and Stripe. All VPSs are provisioned instantly upon payment dependent on IP availability/fraud screening. Stripe payments are manually verified. Please read our ToS before signing up, it benefits all of us!

Cable Chief Limited, registered in England and Wales (10077923)

Thanked by 1raindog308

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Fuck me man, dis deal is dope. Too bad i'm in need of a pace to keep 'em "Linux ISO"

Thanked by 2CableChief doghouch
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@cablechief Are you counting inbound traffic?

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    @cablechief Are you counting inbound traffic?

Yes, bandwidth is incoming and outgoing to keep it within LET price limits! Sorry :(

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

Humm @cablechief GorillaServers doesn't count inbound traffic.

Edit: Image

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:
    Humm @cablechief GorillaServers doesn't count inbound traffic.

This is true and I'm not going to deny that, I'm happy to offer an alternative with unmetered incoming but it's just balancing the cost of outgoing :) Got to make it sustainable somehow! Averaging over in/out for VPS is a fair way of doing it

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

This offer needs a Curtis Mayfield soundtrack.

Thanked by 1CableChief
  • @raindog308 said:
    This offer needs a Curtis Mayfield soundtrack.

Funky, I'll keep it in mind for future offers ;-)

• tommytommy Member

Too much because its usable for backup only :p

• thagoatthagoat Member

• Mo' bandwidth too? That's right, there's even more outgoing bandwidth available! What does that mean? I've bowed down to pressure but shhh it's only because I love you all <3 Unmetered incoming bandwidth as standard, just behave ;-)

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2016

@CableChief what is the actual upstream you have? From my review roughly 56% of all traffic seems to go through Cogent (13/21) with a few routing through he.net (1/21), GTT (6/21 )and Qwest (1/21) (Testing from 21 different locations around the world). I am just curious if the DC you have advertises a mix or if it is primarily single homed to Cogent?

Cheers!

• @TheLinuxBug

GorillaServers advertises the following blend:

10Gbps Link to GTT
    10Gbps Link to Cogent
    10Gbps Link to Ace Datacenters
    10Gbps Link to Zayo
    10Gbps Link to Centurylink/Qwest

I've noticed from our own tests Qwest is used a lot going to Western Europe, GTT otherwise. Ace DC used towards LA with Cogent making the bulk of the rest. I've not really seen Zayo in use.

I know they use Noction Intelligent Routing Platform so routes do change regularly, I remember Cogent being used exclusively from my home ISP but this has since changed to Qwest, reducing ping times by ~15ms

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug