Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[request] KVM or XEN servers 8GB Ram + 500GB HD + many ipv4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[request] KVM or XEN servers 8GB Ram + 500GB HD + many ipv4

dedicadosdedicados Member
edited May 2016 in Requests

Hi, im looking for 2-3 servers with this specs

Xeon E3-1270 or higher ( 2 or more cpu)
8GB DDR3
500GB SATA
+5TB / +100 Mbps port
cPanel License included
DDOS Protection
5-10 ips

im currently paying 43 usd/mo.

i use it for hosting only, ssl, some shoutcast, not seo, not spam.

please PM price.

*edit removed multiple ip accross /24 ranges

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2016

No such thing like class C, B or A any more. For 10+ years.

• LiteServerLiteServer Member, Patron Provider

Why would you need IPv4 addresses from differt class C blocks? Sounds a bit like the good old SEO myth from early 2000 :-)

• LiteServer said: Why would you need IPv4 addresses from differt class C blocks? Sounds a bit like the good old SEO myth from early 2000 :-)

Not seo, just dont want to have all eggs on same basket.

Clouvider said: No such thing like class C, B or A any more. For 10+ years.

ok, different /24, is that ok for you?

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2016

Class C - Start address: 192.0.0.0, we can setup your VPS server on local network, but unfortunately we do have very secure network and you will no be able to access it.

Learn more about IP classes at URL:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classful_network

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2016

What you don't realize is the setup time alone for '10-20' ips on separate c classes, assuming anyone would even waste their time to offer such a thing, would almost double the cost of the service? It would take longer to route several vlans to you and setup that routing catastrophe than the value of the monthly return on such a rented server. If someone is going to do something like this it will likely be in a long term commitment situation and it isn't going to be in the LET budget.

The rest of your request is pretty realistic and there should be many hosts which can handle the rest of the things you are requesting. Just don't count on getting ips like you are requesting at any realistic cost, it just won't happen.

Also, 'cuz SEO' is a horrible justification to provide you the IPs anyways and most providers worth their salt won't provide IPs for SEO and will just tell you to use SNI.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• lol, i already have this specs, but i'm looking for an extra provider and location..

not necesary to write a story about, what do you think, and why ipv4 is so hard, just tell me.

can you or cant?

it is ok if you cant.

• othelloRobothelloRob Member, Host Rep

Why "10-20 ips" - How many can you actually justify/need right now ?
    What's your budget ?

• nepsneps Member

Just rent several VPS's from different providers and get it over with. The requirement with the IPs sounds like a headache for any provider to set up at a budget that you'd consider.

• i have edited my request, if someone have something, please PM me or post.

thank you

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

PM'ed.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited May 2016

dedicados said: lol, i already have this specs, but i'm looking for an extra provider and location..

not necesary to write a story about, what do you think, and why ipv4 is so hard, just tell me.

can you or cant?

it is ok if you cant.

It is called an education, you obviously didn't know that information or you wouldn't have requested what you did and expected it within such a budget. If you have someone crazy enough to offer you this already, get another server with them cause not many will offer that.

I see now you have changed your request to not include this as a necessity, which should get you more offers. I don't understand, however, your distasteful reply when I am only trying to help better guide you in the right direction and help you to set your expectations more realistically.

I hope when the server at a restaurant brings your food to the table you don't just knock it from their hands to the floor and tell them it wasn't necessary for them to bring it to you, that is about the equivalent of your reply here.

Your welcome....

Cheers!

• MivoCloudMivoCloud Member, Host Rep

Hello, do you have any requirements for the location?

• TheLinuxBug said: Your welcome....

shure =)

• MivoCloud said: Hello, do you have any requirements for the location?

i dont need any special location.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

dedicados said: i use it for hosting only, ssl, some shoutcast, not seo, not spam.

Well you only really need 1 IP then, but regardless it sounds like your current price is great for that, is there a problem with what you have?

Also as a tip removing the cPanel license from the requirements will open it up a bit more for you.

I can only think of a few that would entertain that many DDOS protected IP's and come close to your budget, ramnode and buyvm, but your justification is not valid for that many IP's it is 2016 and SNI is pretty much mainstream now.

• AnthonySmith said: is there a problem with what you have?

not, i am very happy with provider, but i need more options, and locations.

I include the cpanel because i want all in same place, not server here, licence there and having many invoices.

multiple ips are for resellers, i assign them one dedicated ip for their customers, if one of those pass the restrictions and send spam, ip get blocked and dont affect other customers.

i think i should low my specifications.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited May 2016

@TheLinuxBug said:

dedicados said: lol, i already have this specs, but i'm looking for an extra provider and location..

can you or cant?

it is ok if you cant.

It is called an education, you obviously didn't know that information or you wouldn't have requested what you did and expected it within such a budget. If you have someone crazy enough to offer you this already, get another server with them cause not many will offer that.

Looks like you are the one getting the education here....

I see now you have changed your request to not include this as a necessity, which should get you more offers. I don't understand, however, your distasteful reply when I am only trying to help better guide you in the right direction and help you to set your expectations more realistically.

It's because nobody like condensending posts. Hey, another educational point, you should note them down.

I hope when the server at a restaurant brings your food to the table you don't just knock it from their hands to the floor and tell them it wasn't necessary for them to bring it to you, that is about the equivalent of your reply here.

The victim card, with a touch of passive aggressiveness for good measure. Kinda fail, yes?

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

You want OVH or Online.net? I can resell you their servers for a good price.

• CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Sent you a PM