Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedi for 20 dollar. Any better deals than this?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedi for 20 dollar. Any better deals than this?

https://lowendbox.com/blog/joes-datacenter-dedicated-servers-starting-at-20month-exclusive-offer-kansas-city-usa/

I don't want to pay more than around 20 max. So should I just go with this or is there better deals around?

Thanked by 1HWAYS

Comments

• This is the best one around. Or delimiter (double the hard drive, but you will need to pay quarterly to make it 20$ a month).

• edited May 2016

Kimsufi (compromise on RAM), Delimiter (don't ask for support) (3 mth $20/mth)

• wwabbitwwabbit Member

Delimiter's dual E5420 is also $20 if you pay quarterly, you get 16GB ram instead of 8GB and 1TB HDD instead of 250GB

• MadMad Member

It's probably the cheapest one out there. if you are willed to increase the budget to $25 you can grab a 16GB RAM server from WSI.

• lowendguy7lowendguy7 Member
    edited May 2016

Thanks. I think 8gb is fine; probably plenty. Processor is more important since alot of encoding to do.

Quarterly doesn't suit me currently since I need to test my script on a dedi first to see how it performs so don't wanna commit to qualrterly.

• HWAYSHWAYS Member

Are they OK ? Hear only few times of them?
    Thank you.

edited May 2016

Guess Ill find out soon :) I don't have problems supporting smaller companies and even prefer to do it so long as they deliver.

• david_Wdavid_W Member

If u don't mind their HDD, go for it

• sinsin Member

lowendguy7 said: Guess Ill find out soon :) I don't have problems supporting smaller companies and even prefer to do it so long as they deliver.

Joe's Datacenter is a solid provider that has been around for quite some time.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

lowendguy7 said: I don't want to pay more than around 20 max

Maybe find a server without power as it costs about $20 a month to provide electricity and cooling

Thanked by 1Lm85H4gFkh3wk3
  • @miTgiB said:

Maybe find a server without power as it costs about $20 a month to provide electricity and cooling

@MarkTurner and @mikeyur thanks

Thanked by 2zrunner Ympker
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

Isn't cooling optional with Delimiter? Anyway, they use an older blade system that is more efficient than a single rack server, but my $20 estamite is a good rule of thumb for power+cooling in the US

• lazytlazyt Member

@miTgiB he's just trying to fit in with the crowd.

I was thinking closer to 25 for a 1U. But that's from using the numbers I've seen posted on the net for electricity costs.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited May 2016

lazyt said: I was thinking closer to 25 for a 1U. But that's from using the numbers I've seen posted on the net for electricity costs.

It depends on the place and more importantly, the server.

Delimiter is an environmental disaster if you take into account the amount of power used by those old processors.

edited May 2016

Hmm well I was speaking with my financial advisor today (my mother) and she advised me not to spend so much on a dedi since it is a ten fold increase in cost over my current 2 dollar dacentec. I do need more processing power tho so maybe some middle ground. I might try getting another 2 dollar one and keep getting them one at a time as needed. I dont know if this will be too much of an upkeep headache tho.

@lowendguy7 you have other middle grounds too, like getting a VPS with a faster processor ;)

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited May 2016

Or a dedicated core vps.. Or scaleway dedicated

@Nyr said:
    @lowendguy7 you have other middle grounds too, like getting a VPS with a faster processor ;)

Junkless said: Or a dedicated core vps..

Those which got advertised here were shitty cores... shared E3 cores would probably perform better.

Junkless said: Or scaleway dedicated

Yeah, good idea. Downside would be the non-redundant storage.

• Cool. More stuff to consider since I really am not very versed on what is available.

• RurikoRuriko Member

You could try dacentec they have $20 dedi but they run out of stock quickly

• @lowendguy7 said:
    Hmm well I was speaking with my financial advisor today (my mother) and she advised me not to spend so much on a dedi since it is a ten fold increase in cost over my current 2 dollar dacentec.

Somehow I think this is funny :)

Thanked by 3Junkless lazyt tommy
  • There is the 10$ dedi from quadix/WSI as well.

• @miTgiB said:

and security, maintenance, routers, on-site staff (etcetera)

edited May 2016

@Junkless said:
    There is the 10$ dedi from quadix/WSI as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ok, taking a step back; if it didn't have to be dedi what kind of offers are out there for me? in the lower price bracket? maybe up to 10 dollars max. ram only has to be average but cpu is most important and HD doesnt have to be huge since I download, encode; reupload then delete. So things don't stay on the drive to make it get clogged up.

I like the simplicity of the multiple 1-2 dollar vps's though since it can be modular and scaleable yet there is the issue of upkeep as discussed.

• @lowendguy7 said:
    I like the simplicity of the multiple 1-2 dollar vps's though since it can be modular and scaleable yet there is the issue of upkeep as discussed.

What are you looking for exactly? The ability to encode more files at once? Faster encoding, more space? Give us an idea what you're looking for, exactly and then we can help a little better.

• @Nyr said:
    Delimiter is an environmental disaster if you take into account the amount of power used by those old processors.

Its not a complete argument in itself as it ignores the environmental cost of producing new chips and the environmental cost of disposing of old equipment.

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited May 2016

lowendguy7 said: better deals

You can try SeFlow i5 2500 for 18€/m

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

I came across this 'minecraft' deal from DediDirect/DedicatedDirect and I've just ordered it to give it a try. Doubles the disk on Joe's offer and you get 5x IPv4:

• - Intel Dual Quad Harpertown L5420
    • - 8192MB DDRII Memory
    • - 500GB SATAII HDD
    • - 1Gbps Port Speed
    • - 20TB Premium Bandwidth
    • - 5 IP Address

http://www.dedidirect.com/billing/signup.php?package=841

Thanked by 1thejinx0r

ARiEWWW said: I came across this 'minecraft' deal from DediDirect/DedicatedDirect and I've just ordered it to give it a try. Doubles the disk on Joe's offer and you get 5x IPv4:

Thanks for letting us know about that deal. Can you tell where it was sourced from?

I could only get some information from WHT but the $20 deal doesn't appear there.

Looks like they are reselling other networks but could own the servers, they had been around for some years.

• ARiEWWWARiEWWW Member

Server was already deployed a few hours after ordering. I came across this forum post showing an offer from the 4th of January 2016:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/archive/other-hosts/2591282-20-for-full-dedicated-server-7-day-money-back

Billing dept. asked me within the first e-mail "and also how did you find this $20 special?". Later on I received another e-mail saying "Let me know if you need any assistance or would like additional servers for the same promo price :)" so I guess there's more available.

Thanked by 2Nyr linuxclark