Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ramnode Equivalent USA Dedicated Server Provider
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ramnode Equivalent USA Dedicated Server Provider

VondelphiaVondelphia Member
edited May 2016 in General

In your opinion, what Dedicated Box Provider would be "like a RamNode" (pricing aside)? Do you instead, recommend building a dedicated for collocation? Just curious...
Many a threads across the web say how RamNode is spectacular for:

• Uptime / Stability
  • Performance w/Raid10 SSD
  • Good value with many USA locations

p.s. - self mentions allowed, but perhaps recommend your favorite competitor

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

RamNode owns and operates their stuff, which is one of the reasons they are so great. That's gonna be tough with rented dedi(s)

Thanked by 1Vondelphia
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

LET pricing? Probably none.

Limestone Networks is great if you need good support and stability. HiVelocity has lots of good reviews.

Thanked by 1Vondelphia
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@EVM_Mike said:
    LET pricing? Probably none.

Limestone Networks is great if you need good support and stability. HiVelocity has lots of good reviews.

Ugh, Hivelocity is terrible.

• VondelphiaVondelphia Member
    edited May 2016

@shovenose said:
    RamNode owns and operates their stuff, which is one of the reasons they are so great. That's gonna be tough with rented dedi(s)

They certainly have a really nice formula that is working well. Part of their success, if I had to guess, is because they focus only VPS market.

My impression of Hivelocity is hit or miss, 65:35, that they are just absolutely amazing or a little-bit shotty.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I don't think you can compare RamNode to a dedi provider unless your comparison criteria consists primarily of network uptime. Honestly, network uptime is easy. Only the really bad ones fail at that.

• It's not like RamNode is that good... It is just a provider that hasn't made a big mistake... Many companies are much better than it... For example companies like WiredTree etc...

• @stormeye said:
    It's not like RamNode is that good... It is just a provider that hasn't made a big mistake... Many companies are much better than it... For example companies like WiredTree etc...

Seriously? You can't compare other host with RamNode price wise.

Thanked by 1globalRegisters
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited May 2016

TheKiller said: Seriously? You can't compare other host with RamNode price wise.

Not to ruin your fun, but there are many hosts in the same league. Nothing against RamNode, they are a good and reliable provider. But their fanbase here sometimes shows religious characteristics.

• RalliasRallias Member

stormeye said: It is just a provider that hasn't made a big mistake...

Not to ruin your fun, but most providers make mistakes because they have shit process. Ramnode has a decent process, so they simply don't make the same type of mistakes.

Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • swainswain Member

@Amitz said:

TheKiller said: Seriously? You can't compare other host with RamNode price wise.

Not to ruin your fun, but there are many hosts in the same league. Nothing against RamNode, they are a good and reliable provider. But their fanbase here sometimes shows religious characteristics.

I 100% agree, ramnode was insane a couple of years ago, and it's sad to see that they are slowly melding into normality. Ramnode needs some serious innovation soon; I would love to see their cloud panel finished sometime this year and to provide something other than the basic whmcs j.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2016

@swain said:
    I 100% agree, ramnode was insane a couple of years ago, and it's sad to see that they are slowly melding into normality. Ramnode needs some serious innovation soon; I would love to see their cloud panel finished sometime this year and to provide something other than the basic whmcs j.

New and exciting may be interesting for experimenting and hobbyists, but anyone running production apps on ramnode will probably be satisfied by the lack of tinkering. Consistency is an important thing. That's really where ramnode shines, it's a well oiled machine doing its thing.

You can count on Nick when things go wrong, to address the issues correctly and to communicate along the way. That alone, unfortunately, is exceptional.

• @Amitz said:
    But their fanbase here sometimes shows religious characteristics.

Your blasphemy shall see you sent to GreenValueHost on Judgement Day.

Thanked by 1Rhys
  • ^^ lol...good one!