Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In 2015, my personal site got over a million hits
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

In 2015, my personal site got over a million hits

RaymiiRaymii Member

I was going through my Piwik stats after I migrated the server. I was pleasently suprised. This year hanging around the 100,000 hits per month.

And all that for some linux and sysadmin-related articles. Just sharing some happy thoughts :).

Comments

• BochiBochi Member

I always find your articles nice to read and already got some very useful information from them.
    So, I am proud to be at least one of the million! :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Raymii said:

Nice, what are your server specs?

• varwwwvarwww Member

Just curious, How much credits did DO provide you?

• xrzxrz Member

nice one :D i just realised that on one of many of my sites i got these stats in just one month ^^

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited May 2016

@xrz said:
    nice one :D i just realised that on one of many of my sites i got these stats in just one month ^^

• FalzoFalzo Member

@Raymii: congrats! love your stuff :-)

• RaymiiRaymii Member

Thanks guys :)

Which site might that be?

Thanked by 1support123
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 2bersy doghouch
  • edited May 2016

Congrats on your site.

Real good info there. I remember referencing it quite a bit while setting up SSL ciphers on my sites.

• cassacassa Member

Thanks for putting effort in writing these tutorials, my Raspberry Pi Time Capsule is running great!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mik997mik997 Member

+1 cipherli.st alone is one of my top go-to sites when I'm fine tuning SSL configs .. great sysadmin articles on raymii.org also - well worth a visit ;)

• @Raymii,

I had found and bookmarked your site before realizing you frequented LET. Lots of great info there.

(I would be remiss if I didn't say I miss the weekly recaps. :) )

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@xrz said:

hits (visits) and requests are different things

• xrzxrz Member
    edited May 2016

hmmm, so then i should not trust cloudflare stats (aka do count on my own) :D anyway if i divide the requests by element count i get visits or so

• No for both.
    Cloudflare stats are correct, but you should understand what they mean.
    Visits, requests, hits and pageviews are all different things.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@Raymii said:

Is ponify.nl a secret project by @Francisco to spread BuyVM in the Netherlands?

Thanked by 3doughmanes GCat cassa
  • Is you using a cms or own code on raymii.org, That very nice and simple blog

• ATHKATHK Member

Couple of those hits are me, yay.

• BochiBochi Member

@Backendbox said:
    Is you using a cms or own code on raymii.org, That very nice and simple blog

Here you go! ;) https://raymii.org/s/software/ingsoc.html

• That is very nice! Congrats, I wish I could see those stats more often for more people!

You are doing a good job and I were you I'd work even harder to achieve bigger results.

Cheers!

• RaymiiRaymii Member

@raindog308 said:

@Raymii said:

Is ponify.nl a secret project by @Francisco to spread BuyVM in the Netherlands?

No, it's an inside joke from a company I previously worked at. They had the bad habbit of not locking their machines.

@Backendbox said:
    Is you using a cms or own code on raymii.org, That very nice and simple blog

It's all static HTML, generated by a python script. The code is on github somewhere, look into my profile there.

• exception0x876 said: hits (visits) and requests are different things

+1 hits is not equal to page views though.

Still keep on doing the good work raymii!