Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

small KVM for testing purposes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

small KVM for testing purposes

mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

Hello fellow members of the community,

I'm usually not the person who asks these type of question but I have to get this out of my head.
I am in need of a small 128-256 mb KVM, it will be used when I'm writing guides that are directed towards KVM or when handling topics that are not available on OpenVZ.

Disk: don't know... perhaps 2-5 gb?
CPU: doesn't matter.
bandwidth: less then 100gb/month since it rarely will be used.

I am not looking for freebies, I can and will pay for it ... however, my budget goes to somewhere around $20-30/year.

Have looked at Edis kvm and will probably grab one of those if no other possibility (read cheaper) comes around.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hello Mikho.

I can offer a KVM128 package in New Jersey (Choopa):

7GB RAID10 HDD
    128MB Dedicated RAM
    250GB Premium Bandwidth
    1 CPU Core Access
    100Mbit Full-Duplex Uplink

£6.15/quarter

Or a KVM256 package in New Jersey (Choopa) or Dusseldorf (Equinix):

14GB RAID10 HDD
    256MB Dedicated RAM
    500GB Premium Bandwidth
    1 CPU Core Access
    100Mbit Full-Duplex Uplink

£4.10/pcm £2.87/pcm with promotion code "30OFFLEB"

If you have any questions feel free to drop me a PM :)

• klikliklikli Member
    edited February 2013

Thumbs up for Hostigation, they are currently running out of stock though.
    BuyVM is another choice.

• I got an unused 512mb kvm from ipxcore. For another 3+ weeks. Dont know how long you need it?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@taronyu said: Dont know how long you need it?

Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for owning it, not borrowing for a short term.

I am willing to pay yearly if that helps on getting the price down a bit.

• jhjh Member

2GB SSD / 128MB RAM / £7/quarter
    PM me :)

• http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8115/the-ipxcore-kvm-beta-test-round-two....-2-for-512mb-for-30-days is still in progress.... hoping to come up with final pricing today, if I can get everyone together

• DigitalOcean is perfect for that, you can simply run it when you need it. With 30$ you get 4385 hours on the 512 mb one.

@dwild said: DigitalOcean

Since it probably will be active all the time (I am lazy that way), it will cost me alot more.

@Damian said: hoping to come up with final pricing today, if I can get everyone together

If you do, let me know.. especially if you can honour that price :)

@Liam said: EDIS are great. Prometeus may also have something for you:

Advantage of using Edis, would be that I could get one in Sweden :) And Prometeus has a killer SSD offer on that page.

But then again, I would like to test a "new" provider, someone that I have no service with today. hint, hint @GetKVM_Ash

• @MikHo said: But then again, I would like to test a "new" provider, someone that I have no service with today. hint, hint @GetKVM_Ash

As i said, if your interested give me a PM, not sure if your with us or not :P

• @MikHo said: it will be used when I'm writing guides

On the IPXcore beta KVM SolusVM control panel, the keymap selector is working and I can use my non-US keyboard to enter symbols and specials characters on the VNC console. It is a useful feature is you plan to use the console for screenshots and you don't have a USA keyboard.
    This is anything but common on LEB providers; to my knowledge, IPXcore is the only USA host with a working KVM keymap selector on SolusVM. By the way, this care to the detail is a promising indication to the quality of the production service.

Short update: I signed up with @GetKVM_Ash

Thank you all for the suggestions.

• @MikHo said: Short update: I signed up with @GetKVM_Ash

Thank you all for the suggestions.

Thank you @MikHo, i appreciate your business, we will look after you!

oh, shit!
    another stalker :)

• derrysderrys Member
    edited February 2013

Good luck with your getkvm. They don't have 24x7 support. You'll have to wait for their "office hour" to response your ticket.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited February 2013

@derrys said: Good luck with your getkvm. They don't have 24x7 support. You'll have to wait for their "office hour" to response your ticket.

And that's stated on our website. Why would we offer 24/7 support for unmanaged VPS? Its not cost effective or realistic.

We have emergency technicians available 24/7 both off and on site, so if something serious is going on, we will be there fixing it within minutes. If its not something serious, why would you need a response so fast?

I already know what ticket your talking about and if your kind enough to give me permission to post it we can see what others think about your reaction.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited February 2013

@derrys said: Good luck with your getkvm. They don't have 24x7 support. You'll have to wait for their "office hour" to response your ticket.

Personally, I've been with GetKVM since they started and they've been nothing but helpful and awesome (this is even before I became a provider/got hired).

• @HalfEatenPie said: Personally, I've been with GetKVM since they started and they've been nothing but helpful and awesome (this is even before I became a provider/got hired).

Thank you brother <3 Pleasure to have you with us.

• @GetKVM_Ash I am not looking for any problems here though. Your good service is simply just don't fit for me. I was looking for a better support for any kind of problems -- not only emergency one, even if i have to pay more expensive.

Since this will be for testing stuff and never have any production use, I think I will survive :)

• @GetKVM_Ash said: Thank you brother <3 Pleasure to have you with us.

Honestly, one of the most used VPSes I have. Its all true anyways. Glad my VPS is up and working 110% at all times!