Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website Hosting Control Panel for VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Website Hosting Control Panel for VPS

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited February 2013 in General

Hi,
As I am new to VPS world, I was wondering if there is any website hosting Control Panel for VPS. Later on, I found many of them. At first, I tried out Kloxo (Maybe the most used of all). It was nice to handle but the graphical interface was not so great. Then, this curiosity increased in me and now though my exam is going on :P I'm trying new panels day after day. Today, installed zPanelCP, it's graphical interface is awesome but I saw I'm limited to use 5 domains in it. Is it really limited or I can't find out something ?? If it isn't limited, I will love to work with it !

Comments

• In zpanel you can host upto 999 Domain . You just have to change the settings. I can do that for you .

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@thehray said: In zpanel you can host upto 999 Domain . You just have to change the settings. I can do that for you .

So nice of you. Can you please point me that area where I can find out those settings ??

• cPanel is the most used control panel.
    Let me know if you need help with the installation i can help you out with it.

And oh, cPanel licenses are not free.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

in zPanel you go to Package Manager or something like that, when your logged in as "zadmin"

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Simple3x you're being useless.

@Simple3x said: cPanel is the most used control panel.

Let me know if you need help with the installation i can help you out with it.

And oh, cPanel licenses are not free.

You are teching me cPanel :P Funny. However, I know that cPanel is mostly used but here I'm trying out the free ones. :P

• Go to Reseller>>Package Manager>>Under Current Packages Click on Edit for Administrator >> then go and change everything to 999 . Enjoy :)

Oh, shit. I have installed it and on the SSH Terminal, it showed the password, I logged in with it and forgot to change it and have quited the terminal. My login details are vanished. Now, need to reinstall it. How lengthy process it is !

I'm sorry for asking some foolish questions. Can anyone tell me where it is showing the number of posts he had done here ?? I also couldn't find it out.

Another Shit, the passwords were saved in the root/passwords.txt :P But, I reformatted it and reinstalled it.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@ehostlab said: I'm sorry for asking some foolish questions. Can anyone tell me where it is showing the number of posts he had done here ?? I also couldn't find it out.

click on the username and you will see that users activity here.

• I'm using VirtualMin on couple of my VPSes.

• earlearl Member

Anyone using Kloxo in a full production environment? just wondering if it's safe to use?

• @earl said: Anyone using Kloxo in a full production environment? just wondering if it's safe to use?

You mean paid shared hosting? If so, no.

• earlearl Member

Well it does not have to be paid, but at least used on a busy forum or website.. just wondering if anyone is having issues using it on a daily basis?

I'm using Directadmin but I think I really prefer kloxo more.

• I use ispconfig3. It is open source as well and actively developed.

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

@vampireJ said: I use ispconfig3. It is open source as well and actively developed.

If I remember that was too much a hassle to install..

• @thehray said: In zpanel you can host upto 999 Domain . You just have to change the settings. I can do that for you .

Agree with you bro, i've used it and it's easy to use

• twaintwain Member

@earl, just follow the howtoforge guide.

• earlearl Member
    edited March 2013

@twain said: @earl, just follow the howtoforge guide.

To be honest it's just too much work to setup, and also I'm not familiar with it..

I would rather stick with DA then try ispconfig, but I really like Kloxo seem easy to run I'm very familiar with and also has the installtron plugin so good for one domain, just wondering about the security concern..

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited March 2013

I use ispconfig 3, recent release include APS package installer. http://www.apsstandard.org for a list of available packages.

Install is kind hard since many thing can be happen, but after trial & error and re-install for few times you will master it and find way for almost any problems.

It really worth it, trust me.

http://www.ispconfig.org/releases/ispconfig-3-0-5-1-released/

• @shovenose said: @Simple3x you're being useless.

More useful than your comment. OP asked for Web hosting control panel suggestions and @Simple3x suggested cPanel which does just that.

• I'm currently using i-MSCP (www.i-mscp.net)
    I have tested many cp like ispConfig and zPanel but i-mscp is the one I like

@earl said: Anyone using Kloxo in a full production environment? just wondering if it's safe to use?

I don't use also. Using zPanelCP for my own 2/3 sites.

@bender22 said: I'm currently using i-MSCP (www.i-mscp.net)

I am going to give a test with that ;)

@bender22 said: I'm currently using i-MSCP (www.i-mscp.net)

I have tested many cp like ispConfig and zPanel but i-mscp is the one I like

Oh, shit. No tutorial provided for Centos :(

• earlearl Member

If it has not been mentioned there is also ajenti.. pretty nice looking panel with low resources. there was a thread about it here on LET.

@earl said: If it has not been mentioned there is also ajenti.. pretty nice looking panel with low resources. there was a thread about it here on LET.

Yeah, I once had it. But, it is not a web hosting panel rather than it's a management panel I think. Have you tried hosting a site on Ajenti ?

• @earl said: If it has not been mentioned there is also ajenti.. pretty nice looking panel with low resources. there was a thread about it here on LET.

lol I love it ajenti!!!

• earlearl Member

@ehostlab said: you tried hosting a site on Ajenti ?

Ah yes you are right it's more a management panel more so than a CP, the only real panel that I have used extensively is kloxo, so I can't say I have given ajenti a real go..