Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS and Stripe
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS and Stripe

wedgehostwedgehost Member

I'm curious if anyone has had any success with integrating the latest Stripe WHMCS module from ServerPing.net with the latest version of WHMCS (v.6.3 as of this writing). We've never had problems in the past, but for some reason this latest version doesn't seem to be working.

Also curious if anyone knows why WHMCS hasn't just included Stripe into their stock offering? It seems like one of the easier gateways to get working with just about anything.

I appreciate the help and any feedback!

Comments

• Next summerhost? (sorry)

• know vrypnetworks ?

• Kind of curious if this is how you guys are going to go about reacting to anyone (new/ish) posting on LET? =P

@theroyalstudent : Not sure who that is

@support123 : I know of them, unfortunately.

• support123support123 Member
    edited May 2016

Yes with northost default theme that you are using

• @support123 : None of our services are publicly available. We've got a few different versions of the site we'll eventually launch, using a few different templates. So, I'm not sure I follow where you're going with it. We're not web designers, nor are we really in the position to be accepting unnecessary criticism. Have you looked into the history of our business? We're not new to the block. But thanks for caring!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm not sure if the current ServerPing module is PCI compliant or not but I would triple check before using it since storing Stripe data in plain text in the database would allow a hacker to charge their credit cards without their authorization. I used ServerPing for a while but got tired of having to edit templates every time WHMCS changed something in their themes so we switched to https://mostripe.com (Stripe Checkout, not Stripe + WHMCS which requires you to be PCI compliant) for a very small fee and it works 100% of the time without needing to change anything and it doesn't store client credit card data on our servers which is a bonus.

• @KuJoe : Thanks for the response and for recommending mostripe. I'm curious (and I'll do some more reading when I can), does mostripe take any fee per transaction? There was a module out there at one point that did ... not my idea of the way to go.

My only real hesitation with this is the lack of recurring billing. We're taking necessary steps to be PCI compliant, but, help with that (by way of off-loading data storage, etc) never hurts.

• Vote for Roudiapp's mostripe too. One time $18.

It's a checkout module. And also works well with Stripe's Alipay and Bitcoin feature.

No... modules take no fee... you need a one time fee to buy module. Transaction fee is charged by... Stripe.

Thanked by 1wedgehost
  • @XIAOSpider97 said:
    Vote for Roudiapp's mostripe too. One time $18.

It's a checkout module. And also works well with Stripe's Alipay and Bitcoin feature.

No... modules take no fee... you need a one time fee to buy module. Transaction fee is charged by... Stripe.

Thanks for the clarification! We'll definitely be taking a look at this.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@KuJoe RoudiApp supports AliPay :) Thanks for the tip!!

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

wedgehost said: Have you looked into the history of our business? We're not new to the block.

If you been around awhile, why no website? That means you have clients. How do your clients submit tickets and get a hold of you?

• @PieNotEvenEaten said:

wedgehost said: Have you looked into the history of our business? We're not new to the block.

If you been around awhile, why no website? That means you have clients. How do your clients submit tickets and get a hold of you?

About 2 years ago we got out of the hosting business due to some issues within the management of the company. Our hosting client base was sold to our datacenter/colocation provider and we maintained our consulting/brokerage business through a restructure.

Just because we've been around a while doesn't necessarily mean we've got an active client roster. But, I appreciate your concern.

• UPDATE:

If you'd like to continue to question our business, our interests, our experience, or our intentions, please feel free to do so in a private message to me. We recently made an offer to the admins of LET to provide documentation on our business to get our provider tag, and we're happy to answer questions, BUT, the purpose of this thread was to get information on a Stripe integration, not to start an inquisition.

Thanks!

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@KuJoe changed out from serverping to RoudiApp and WHMCS didn't like 2 stripe modules active, but Mo from RoudiApp was a great help getting that working, you don't know how happy I and I hope my Chinese customers will be :)

• please explain us.

• KamAKamA Member, Host Rep

@whmcssmarters said:
    please explain us.

Read the rules...

Signatures may contain only text, with a maximum of two lines, and hyperlinks, with a maximum of three in total.

• If you have problem with whmcs contact there techs or contact your whmcs license buyer. Personally i use 2Checkout getway

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

onecloudyNET said: Personally i use 2Checkout getway

Why? Personally, anyone using 2checkout must have real problems, except those in non-paypal countries.

• @miTgiB said:

onecloudyNET said: Personally i use 2Checkout getway

Why? Personally, anyone using 2checkout must have real problems, except those in non-paypal countries.

2checkout is good payment getway

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

onecloudyNET said: 2checkout is good payment getway

Over priced with seriously lacking fraud protection gateway is for those not competent to keep a paypal account

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said:
    Over priced with seriously lacking fraud protection gateway is for those not competent to keep a paypal account

2Checkout fees are the same as Stripe now aren't they?

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

VMbox said: 2Checkout fees are the same as Stripe now aren't they?

Good question, last time I looked at 2checkout it was a $99 upfront bend over fee to apply for the privilege of them screwing you over, then double paypal transaction fees. @Jack and Modules Garden are the only ones I know of using it. Stripe fees are lower than paypal, 2.9% + 30c

• StevenNStevenN Member, Host Rep

i pay 2.4% + 0.30 with 2checkout

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

VMbox said: i pay 2.4% + 0.30 with 2checkout

Not a bad fee, but I have no faith in them as they keep changing terms as time goes on.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2016

Why are you guys hating on the serverping stripe module? Works fine for me. v3.0.6 on WHMCS v6.3.1

Read the README carefully and make sure you have all the dependencies and put all the files where they should be. If still having problems try enable debug logging in WHMCS > Utilities > Logs > Module Log

Thanked by 1wedgehost
  • miTgiBmiTgiB Member

sman said: Why are you guys hating on the serverping stripe module?

I have no hate, but the other module offers added features, namely AliPay, which will be very helpful to my client base

• @sman said:
    Why are you guys hating on the serverping stripe module? Works fine for me. v3.0.6 on WHMCS v6.3.1

Read the README carefully and make sure you have all the dependencies and put all the files where they should be. If still having problems try enable debug logging in WHMCS > Utilities > Logs > Module Log

No matter how many different ways I try and make it work with the latest version, it won't let me submit card info at the end of a purchase. It's as if once the button is pressed, it disables and never sends the transaction.

I'll try debugging to see if that gives any clues. Thanks!

• @wedgehost said:
    I'm curious if anyone has had any success with integrating the latest Stripe WHMCS module from ServerPing.net with the latest version of WHMCS (v.6.3 as of this writing). We've never had problems in the past, but for some reason this latest version doesn't seem to be working.

Also curious if anyone knows why WHMCS hasn't just included Stripe into their stock offering? It seems like one of the easier gateways to get working with just about anything.

I appreciate the help and any feedback!

Hello

We use the stripe module from https://mostripe.com/whmcs/. Workin great.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2016

@wedgehost said:

@sman said:

No matter how many different ways I try and make it work with the latest version, it won't let me submit card info at the end of a purchase. It's as if once the button is pressed, it disables and never sends the transaction.

I'll try debugging to see if that gives any clues. Thanks!

You must have something configured wrong. Double check everything. It definitely works. Open a ticket with serverping. Donating $15 will make him answer quicker and more thoroughly.

Did you replace the standard template files with the template specific stripe module files? What about the custom orderform files? An easy thing to miss in WHMCS is if you set product group orderforms template different from global orderforms. That got me one time so now I keep them both the same.

• smansman Member
    edited May 2016

@KuJoe said:
    I'm not sure if the current ServerPing module is PCI compliant or not but I would triple check before using it since storing Stripe data in plain text in the database would allow a hacker to charge their credit cards without their authorization. I used ServerPing for a while but got tired of having to edit templates every time WHMCS changed something in their themes so we switched to https://mostripe.com (Stripe Checkout, not Stripe + WHMCS which requires you to be PCI compliant) for a very small fee and it works 100% of the time without needing to change anything and it doesn't store client credit card data on our servers which is a bonus.

Credit card numbers are not stored locally unless you set WHMCS to do that. Only thing that is stored locally is a token.