Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows on Dedibox SC 2016
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows on Dedibox SC 2016

WhoaWhoa Member
edited May 2016 in General

I'm planning to get a Dedibox SC 2016 from online.net - but only if it will let me run windows (I have a license each of Win 7 & 10, so I'm OK if it''ll support either of these).

There's a lot of help available online for installing windows on Kimsufi servers, but no mention of whether or not the same can be done on the Dedibox SC 2016.

These also don't come with a KVM over IP, AFAIK.

Can anyone confirm ?

Comments

• It can't be done, because it doesn't have a graphics card. You can only run Windows 2012 Server via KVM or any other via Proxmox.

• edanedan Member

Try using this method. Tested in Dedibox Limited Edition 08161

• WhoaWhoa Member

Thanks for the feedback folks ... going to try to get a Kimsufi KS-2A instead.
    Much rather run Windows natively than over KVM virtualization.

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

yes Kimsufi it will work, but you should have a Windows serial KEY (add it via customer backend, activated by ovh/kimsufi so you can install windows in your server)

• @whoa

You just use qemu to install the OS on the system disk, but after reboot the OS will boot natively.

• Even CentOS 6.7 needs to be installed manually on these machines but does work natively. Windows would not - it needs a GPU to work.