Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVMController WebApp
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVMController WebApp

seikanseikan Member
edited December 2011 in General

Just too free in the weekend and comes out with this web app. It's a web application to manage SolusVM VPS on your iPhone. Data is stored locally in your phone using HTML5 features.

Simply open http://m.solusvmcontroller.com from your mobile browser :)

Thanked by 3Mon5t3r yomero camarg

Comments

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited December 2011

Yeah, so, how can I be sure that this app is not using our data? Because I see a request to it with all our data.

Also, via get? Without https? Damn, nah, I pass.

I don't care if is saved with HTML5 features... my data is being sent to that site.

And still I am wondering how the mobile app that I posted before works... Maybe it is doing the same u_u

Thanked by 2Infinity drmike
  • NickMNickM Member
    edited December 2011

From what I can figure out, this is something that you download and install on one of your own machines. It's a mobile interface to SolusVMController I think. SolusVMController actually looks like it would be useful for managing VPSes across several providers... I'm actually going to try it out (after auditing the code, of course).

@seikan: Is what I said above correct? If so, where can the mobile interface be downloaded? I don't see it in the .zip for SVMC and I don't see a download link or anything like that.

• yomeroyomero Member
    edited December 2011

@NickM said: From what I can figure out, this is something that you download and install on one of your own machines.

Yeah. That is a better idea.

@NickM said: where can the mobile interface be downloaded?

Maybe is already embedded here? http://www.solusvmcontroller.com/download

• @yomero, it wouldn't hurt you to do a bit more research in future before running your mouth at someone who is freely contributing to the community.

@seikan, VERY nice script, welldone. I can totally understand your want to have the panels all in 1 place for management. The demo screens look really nice as well ( http://www.solusvmcontroller.com/demo ). Imagine a mixup of this and Nick's "OpenStatus" in to 1 piece of software. Wishful thinking, but perhaps a goalpoint.

• @Joel said: it wouldn't hurt you to do a bit more research in future before running your mouth at someone who is freely contributing to the community.

I am running my mouth?

I am just saying what I am seeing, end.

• Hi everyone, this just a prototype version and not recommended for production usage yet. I will keep working to improve it :)

For some concerns on the security, I admited that the app is current connected to my server to get the server status. I'm working around to get it done by client side.

• @yomero said: I am just saying what I am seeing,

No, you are "saying" what you are not seeing because you did zero research. All you had to do was delete the "m" from "m.solusvmcontroller.com," spend 30 seconds on his website and it would have been perfectly clear. Instead you rather invest that time going off half-cocked shooting down someone who is contributing something very useful to this community in an effort just to increase your post count by 1.

Spend less time making pointless posts and a little more time taking care before you go and shit on someone else's hard work in future. Scripts like what @seikan put together take time, effort, and beyond that a personal drive to maintain them. Shit on the small handfull of people who actually contribute anything useful to this community, and you will find tools and resources like this that are free dry up real quickly.

@yomero said: end.

Have you apologised to him yet? If not, it's far from "end."

• @seikan said: Hi everyone, this just a prototype version and not recommended for production usage yet. I will keep working to improve it :)

@Seikan, any reason you went SVN over GiT? I'm just thinking for greater contribution there seems to be a lot of people flocking to GiT. I use both, so non-issue here just a pure curiousity question.

Where would you like bugs reported? Here in the thread or somewhere private?

• @seikan nice, i have iphone, i access it but i miss one thing. i don't have any vps running in solusvm. :P

• @Joel said: Have you apologised to him yet? If not, it's far from "end."

I don't have to apologize for nothing.

And I already saw that website "without the m" as you say.

From NickM:

@NickM said: I'm actually going to try it out (after auditing the code, of course).

That is the idea.

My comment is to get the people careful of how your data is being sent:

IN THAT LINK
    IN THAT LINK
    IN THAT LINK

So, if the people come and visit the link and put their data in THAT LINK, they are already adviced that their information go in plain text and to an untrusted server. Seikan has only 4 posts in this community, and then shows his app with an attractive idea and shows a link to it without specifying nothing, other users and visitors may click and enter the info. If you don't know the words scam and pishing... that isn't my problem.

Ok, I have explained it in... like 3 ways. Now... end?

I am not saying that is a bad app, I like the idea because the iphone app sucks. But the creator MUST specify how the application works, that must be installed somewhere and THAT LINK is a 'demo' in some way. And this goes a little bit to @seikan too.

But seems that you like to continue nonsense discussions, despite not being directed to you.

End of this spam.

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited December 2011

edit: Never mind. It's not worth the trouble.

• @joel Hi there, any errors and bugs can reported to solusvmcontroller.com/contact
    I'm using SVN since I restarted my development, so just sticked with it until now.. No special reasons :D