Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datashack now Nocix.net
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datashack now Nocix.net

century1stopcentury1stop Member
edited May 2016 in Providers

As the title goes, is this new or stale news?

Comments

• Old news, happened a month or so ago :)

Thanked by 1century1stop
  • haha thought so

@CableChief said:
    Old news, happened a month or so ago :)

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Mhmmm. Scammers renamed

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited May 2016

are they a scam? my servers with 'em had always been good

• WickedWicked Member

Don't think they are scam, I have been following them for a few years. Their new website is decent, but I liked their old name better.

• MadMad Member
    edited May 2016

@hawc said:
    Mhmmm. Scammers renamed

Why do you use such word everywhere just to describe a feeling of distaste?

As @jarland said "A scam does not provide you with working service."

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

Well, when I was with them, I had no working service

• yea thanks for the reminder, found out this was stale like optical fiber :D

@agentmishra said:

>

edited May 2016

the new owner is Aaron Wendel :)
    I believe congrats is in order for the expansion

• Mark_RMark_R Member

i like the old name more tbh, not sure why they changed it.

• maybe they want "A New Beginning" :)

• _Nic_Nic Member

Do they vary from Wholesaleinternet?

• perhaps you can try and tell us bout it :)

• vpsguyvpsguy Member

@_Nic said:

I think they are resellers of them.

• @_Nic said:

Thish as been covered here many times. Their claim: They are two seperate companies who operate a datacenter in the same building and share support staff. They tend to have different server offerings at similar prices. I think @AaronW said this name change is a precursor to an official merger between the two.

• Verso_MVerso_M Member

Old news this been happen.

• FritzFritz Veteran

how to pronounce it.

• First quad ix. Now noc ix. Hmm.

• @Fritz said:
    how to pronounce it.

Network operation center 11?

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
    edited May 2016

IX = 9 (this will be 11 - XI)

@sdglhm said:

• Blimey :-/

Yeah. It's 9. Down with fever. Make you a total dumbass

• yeah right. Blame it on the fever.

• edited May 2016

@Junkless said:
    yeah right. Blame it on the fever.

It's elementary knowledge here. Need to learn how to count upto thousand using roman nurals. Even I was talking with a friend about how 9 considered as an unlucky number in Sri Lanka because my previous employer hated quadix since they represent number nine in their brand. They however survived massive downtime solely because of that.

Edit: grammar annd stuff. Kinda hard to read with this nausea.

• @sdglhm said:

@Junkless said:

It's elementary knowledge here. Need to learn how to count upto thousand using roman nurals. Even I was talking with a friend about how 9 considered as an unlucky number in Sri Lanka because my previous employer hated quadix since they represent number nine in their brand. They however survived massive downtime solely because of that.

Get well soon mate!

@Junkless Don't need to be an asshole about it, especially if it's basic knowledge for him.

Do you never ever get sick? Guess what? One day you will. And when that day comes, you would be better off shutting your fat mouth up if someone says the same to you.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2016

IX = Internet eXchange is used more commonly in this industry than referring to the Roman numerals...

• @sdglhm said:

@Junkless said:

Lol..relax man. I was just pulling your leg. No offense.

@theroyalstudent said:

@Junkless Don't need to be an asshole about it, especially if it's basic knowledge for him.

Do you never ever get sick? Guess what? One day you will. And when that day comes, you would be better off shutting your fat mouth up if someone says the same to you.

Whoa...Calm your titt*es down, kiddo. No need to overreact about it, especially if it was supposed to be just a harmless joke.

Do you ever make jokes ? Guess what? One day, you will. And when that day comes, I will be here with you, laughing on it with my fat mouth. You can count on it. :P

• @Junkless said:

@sdglhm said:

@Junkless said:

Lol..relax man. I was just pulling your leg. No offense.

@theroyalstudent said:

Whoa...Calm your titt*es down, kiddo. No need to overreact about it, especially if it was supposed to be just a harmless joke.

Do you ever make jokes ? Guess what? One day, you will. And when that day comes, I will be here with you, laughing on it with my fat mouth. You can count on it. :P

You're made the idiotic comment for the sake of making someone feel bad about his illness. That's not right imo. Anyway, I like how you just called me a kiddo for the sake of feeling better about yourself haha, age doesn't really matter when one of an older age could be much more senseless than the other.

Anyway, I do make jokes. Of course, with a certain limit. if @sdglhm didn't reply with such a long one explaining things as your joke seemed more like an insult, you would probably still take it as a "harmless joke" at the end of the day and continue doing so.

I'm outta this thread at least, as I'm no longer interested in talking to someone like you.

• @theroyalstudent said:

You're made the idiotic comment for the sake of making someone feel bad about his illness. That's not right imo. Anyway, I like how you just called me a kiddo for the sake of feeling better about yourself haha, age doesn't really matter when one of an older age could be much more senseless than the other.

Anyway, I do make jokes. Of course, with a certain limit. if @sdglhm didn't reply with such a long one explaining things as your joke seemed more like an insult, you would probably still take it as a "harmless joke" at the end of the day and continue doing so.

I'm outta this thread at least, as I'm no longer interested in talking to someone like you.

I love how people love to fight for other people, specially when the person is question is totally ok with the matter in hand.
    kids these days and their hero complex...sigh !

No one asked you to talk to me at the first place.

• NielsHNielsH Member

@Junkless

@theroyalstudent

Im a 57 year old wizard and im laughing so hard right now

Thanked by 1Junkless
This discussion has been closed.