Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would a VPS Reseller plan qualify for LowEndBox?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Would a VPS Reseller plan qualify for LowEndBox?

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited February 2013 in General

I'm launching a service similar to Urpad's VPS reseller program:
http://www.urpad.net/vps-reseller.shtml
All plans are under $7 per VPS. the cheapest one will normally be $13/mo but I could make the lowest one a super limited LEB... like 5. Then when next month rolls around and it's time for me to get my monthly LowEndBox offer posted, I'd make a special on a normal VPS, and also create a $7 promo for the VPS reseller plans. Would that be allowed, and as a community would you like it and order it?

Comments

• EpidriveEpidrive Member
    edited February 2013

I dont think so, it would be ridiculous selling vps's from a box you dont even own.

• Are you selling resold VPS? This is not allowed by rules.

Are you going to sell VPS for other people to resell? This would be acceptable, but I don't think it would be posted on LEB.

• @shovenose said: All plans are under $7 per VPS. the cheapest one will normally be $13/mo

Wow your not making any sense to me?? if all plans are under $7 how is the lowest $13/m?

Maybe it's just me but not really comprehending what your proposing to do?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Damian no, I am not a reseller. As you know, I run my own servers because I get dedicated servers from OVH, DataShack, WSI, etc.
    @earl perhaps you don't understand what I am trying to say...

• @shovenose said: As you know, I run my own servers because I get dedicated servers from OVH, DataShack, WSI, etc.

Yea @Damian get with the game, you noooooob

@Spencer I wasn't being rude, I'm just fairly certain Damian knows I don't resell VPS.

• @shovenose said: @Spencer I wasn't being rude, I'm just fairly certain Damian knows I don't resell VPS.

Nahh I know, Damian and I argue all the time!

• @shovenose said: @earl perhaps you don't understand what I am trying to say...

Yeah I'm trying to get what your saying..

I like the idea if a reseller but not to resell to others but for my own personal use.. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't SolusVM has a reseller panel specifically for this purpose? so given the resources you purchased you can freely create your own individual packages.

• Solus reseller is poop

edited February 2013

@earl exactly! You will buy a resource pool then you can divide it up between VPS how you please. So let's say you buy 3.5GB RAM, 300GB Disk, and 11 IPs, you could (theoretically, for example) make a VPS with 256MB RAM, 10GB Disk, 1 IP, then another with 3GB RAM, 200GB Disk, 9 IPs, then another with 256MB RAM, this time with 90GB disk...

• earlearl Member
    edited February 2013

@Spencer said: Solus reseller is poop

oo.. did not know that!

@shovenose said: @earl exactly! You will buy a resource pool then you can divide it up between VPS how you please.

yeah I would be interested in something like that if it's cheap enough, but then again now they have DO which is pretty much the same idea.. there use to be a provider on LEB that offered Ganetti which gave you the option to slice up the resources to on how you see fit so long as you purchased enough IP's..

Then again I already have a Dedi with VMware so not really sure I need it. but I like the concept.

• @shovenose Lowendbox will never post any offers from VPS resellers.

• @curtisg said: @shovenose Lowendbox will never post any offers from VPS resellers.

No, he's offering a plan FOR resellers, not AS a reseller.

• I don't think anyone can read...

• @concerto49 said: No, he's offering a plan FOR resellers, not AS a reseller.

I know, I said, if someone becomes a reseller... LEB won't post it.

@NickO said: I don't think anyone can read...

I don't think anyone can understand anything anymore.

• What kind of plans are you looking to offer @shovenose?

Im sure quite a few people would like having resources that they could divide up as they wish for themselves, even if they don't resell vps's

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Forgetting curtisg's usual failure to grasp anything that is going an around him for a second.

I suggest you open an LEB ticket and request information from the mods' this has never been done.

The alternative is that you just post an offer which will force feedback, domains have no maximum price, server hardware has no maximum price, I dont see why reseller plans should either.