Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Romania VPS Experiences : Please Share . . . :D
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Romania VPS Experiences : Please Share . . . :D

n100n100 Member
edited April 2016 in Help

Im lookimg for a long term vps provider BASED in ROMANIA . . .

Share your honest experiences about VPS providers in Romania . . .

• n100

Support www.eff.org

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

If you want a top-notch host with a Romania location, you need to have a look at Prometeus. They won't be the cheapest, but they're as close to a guarantee of quality as you can get at the LE*.

Thanked by 1n100
  • vpsGODvpsGOD Member, Host Rep

@cociu is the only provider i have tried and comes in my mind. I have a VPS with hostsolutions till now its best for me. past 5 months i am getting better performance and its improving a lot.

Thanked by 1n100
  • AmitzAmitz Member

Nekki said: If you want a top-notch host with a Romania location, you need to have a look at Prometeus. They won't be the cheapest, but they're as close to a guarantee of quality as you can get at the LE*.

This. Don't look any further.

Thanked by 1n100
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2016

I see many Prometeus suggestions, but I would go directly with their upstream: https://www.m247.ro/en/

If a good network is important for you, look elsewhere. If instead you need lots of transfer, they are a good choice for the price.

Oh, and HostSolutions is not long term or reliable.

• @Nyr said:

Romania network is bad ? I checked their speedtest links,seems good.Have you tried from europe locations to their DC ?

@support123 said:

@Nyr said:

Romania network is bad ? I checked their speedtest links,seems good.Have you tried from europe locations to their DC ?

It is acceptable nowadays but congested to many locations. Not that you can complain at this price.

Thanked by 1n100
  • @Nyr said:

within Europe or outside of Europe ?
    I was planning to get a server with them for European customers

support123 said: within Europe or outside of Europe ? I was planning to get a server with them for European customers

Just tested for you: I am not able to sustain more than 1 mbps of download per thread from Spain. This is on fiber from Telefonica.

But consider this an edge case and it's also rush hour in Europe.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

If you are willing to host legal activities, please take a look at our vServers offers: https://www.hetnix.com/vps-vds.xml

• ehabehab Member
    edited April 2016

if you can work with cociu then try hostsolutions. he is our romania vps king.
    i haven't tried HETNiX so maybe you can tell your experience

• ehab said: ehab

King of offshore VPS hosting :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Depends on location. Romania mostly sends traffic towards west, links to the east are poor, except the immediate vicinity which hop through romania. If you want to serve the eastern europe, especially the Balkan part of it and countries near, Romania offers cheap traffic and local providers are extending to other countries and peer around. If you want to serve UK, Spain or the Netherlands, this is not the place to go.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @ehab said:
    if you can work with cociu then try hostsolutions. he is our romania vps king.
    i haven't tried HETNiX so maybe you can tell your experience

cociu and hostsolutions +1

• cociucociu Member

vpsGOD said: vpsGOD

thanks

• cociucociu Member

Nyr said: Oh, and HostSolutions is not long term or reliable.

Can you explain way ?

• AmitzAmitz Member

@cociu said:

Nyr said: Oh, and HostSolutions is not long term or reliable.

Can you explain way ?

200m straight on, then to the left.

Thanked by 2Andreix Nyr
  • cociucociu Member
    edited May 2016

Amitz said: 200m straight on, then to the left.

yes , good, you are verry helpfull . I am mature now so i have learn yet how to ignore

• AmitzAmitz Member

@cociu said:

Amitz said: 200m straight on, then to the left.

yes , good, you are verry helpfull . I am mature now so i have learn yet how to ignore

Ah, come on. My joke was not that bad... ;-)

Thanked by 2Andreix vimalware
  • Maybe hostclean.net / hostmaze.com :)