Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Namesilo vs Namecheap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Namesilo vs Namecheap

Which is better in terms of support, features and pricing?

Comments

• Namecheap for support wise. Their current control panel UI is not that good.

Nothing can beat NameSilo for their prices. They have live chat but barely come online.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • sinsin Member

Namesilo has the much better pricing, free whois privacy for life, and a more feature rich control panel.

• Namesilo support person is dick

Thanked by 2GCat doghouch
  • Namecheap has very good support and the prices are fair if you grab a deal it's great :)

• Namesilo if you know what you are doing.

• Namecheap

• [one random sentence of very limited use about registrar]

Thanked by 2fxf mudeth
  • louis_laulouis_lau Member
    edited April 2016

Namecheap has better register prices while namesilo has better renewal prices.

Edit: never had a problem with either one btw

• sinsin Member

louis_lau said: Namecheap has better register prices

Huh? Namesilo .com is only $8.99 ($8.89 if you sign up for the free discount club), .net is $9.99, and .orq is 9.89

Meanwhile Namecheap is $10.69 for .com, 12.88 for .net, and 12.48 for .org (and even with their discounts for owning a lot of domains they still couldn't come as low as Namesilo when I was with them).

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @sin said:

Huh? Namesilo .com is only $8.99 ($8.89 if you sign up for the free discount club), .net is $9.99, and .orq is 9.89

NameSilo has free privacy for life. While at Namecheap only for first year.

Thanked by 1sin
  • PandyPandy Member

@Caster said:
    Namesilo if you know what you are doing.

So, what makes Namesilo better, and what would you need to know to make it better compared to namecheap?

• @Pandy said:

@Caster said:
    Namesilo if you know what you are doing.

So, what makes Namesilo better, and what would you need to know to make it better compared to namecheap?

1. not a reseller
    2. cheap .com/.net & etc
    3. transparent pricing. no whois , icann fee additional. Namecheap offers free whois on the first year then $3.89/YR. +$0.13 ICANN fee.
    4. Old school UI. Lag free.
    5. simple DNS management and bulk update & etc (available at nc too.)
    Thanked by 3Pandy Tom mudeth
  • @sin said:
    Namesilo has the much better pricing, free whois privacy for life, and a more feature rich control panel.

I would have to agree with Sin here namesilo really is an amazing domain registrant!

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Namecheap has became shittier year after year. Between the two, my choice is NameSilo.

• @Nyr said:
    Namecheap has became shittier year after year.

Why?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2016

Arjon said: Why?

Plenty of little reasons: the upselling, the support, their increased pricing, the shitty website (now a bit better), their outages, their general slowness, their ease to pull the trigger with domain suspensions... Oh, and I also don't like them giving money to the EFF in my name.

NameSilo instead is: faster, cheaper, has a cleaner website and one part of their customers doesn't pay for other customer's promotions.

I currently have just two domains at Namecheap and zero at NameSilo, so don't really love any of them. Altrough both are mostly fine.

• fxffxf Member

NameSilo supports very few ccTLDs. If they supported more I wouldn't be using any other registrar.

• I was a big namecheap supporter up until recently, unfortunately I've had an ongoing issue for a couple of months now that's still unresolved. I get an email every couple of weeks telling me "developers are working on it".

I'll be transferring all of my domains away from them and probably to NameSilo.

Namecheaps new control panel is just an absolute train wreck.

• @sin said:

Meanwhile Namecheap is $10.69 for .com, 12.88 for .net, and 12.48 for .org (and even with their discounts for owning a lot of domains they still couldn't come as low as Namesilo when I was with them).

Nope. Namesilo is $7,99 for first year if you find on the internet for some of their coupons such as ITSMYDOLLAR or DOMAIN10 or ONELESSUSD

• fxffxf Member
    edited April 2016

@TehEnforce said:

>

Nope. Namesilo is $7,99 for first year if you find on the internet for some of their coupons such as ITSMYDOLLAR or DOMAIN10 or ONELESSUSD

Yeah but those coupons are also only good for your first domain with NameSilo.

• sinsin Member
    edited April 2016

TehEnforce said: Nope. Namesilo is $7,99 for first year if you find on the internet for some of their coupons such as ITSMYDOLLAR or DOMAIN10 or ONELESSUSD

Right but I was talking about without coupons (and Namesilo will only allow you to use those coupons once) - either way they are still less expensive with regs and transfers then Namecheap.

• @sin said:

Oh shit, I just had experience with the .me and assumed it would be the same for the rest. Shouldn't have done that :P.

• @Nyr said:
    Namecheap has became shittier year after year. Between the two, my choice is NameSilo.

People love them mostly because of their transfer and registration promos. 4 Feb & 27 Nov.

• sonicsonic Veteran

+1 Namesilo

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Namesilo for intuitive gui

• I have domains with both and it is no contest...namesilo is the way to go.

Another good one is internet.bs.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I like namesilo prices since you can get domain privacy for free but that wont be a benefit if you're trying to run a legit company anyways... still its a nice to have and I think domains are still a few cents cheaper than most other registrars out there

• +1 namesilo

• niceboyniceboy Veteran
    • Both offer good support (but namecheap offers livechat)

• Namesilo prices are very good compared to namecheap regular prices

• Namesilo User interface is very good and quick.. but, namecheap new user interface is a kind of bulky and slow to load.. i dont like it.

• I suggest to go with Namecheap since they offer livechat.