Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RaxWeb VPS Sponsorship Opportunity x 3!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

RaxWeb VPS Sponsorship Opportunity x 3!

NickONickO Member
edited February 2013 in General

Evening LETers,

I've decided to do a small sponsorship for three of the following packages:

1 GB Dedicated RAM
2 GB Burstable RAM
70 GB RAID-10 Disk Space
600 GB Bandwidth
1 x IPv4
16 x IPv6

Along with the VPS we'll also provide ongoing support for any issues you may experience along the way. This could include additional free services.

So... how do I enter and what are the requirements?
It's simple, your project must be a community based (open source software or a free service) project that may be lacking in funds or could do with a helping hand. All you have to do is post about your project and your current progress (if any). If I (and others) like the idea of your project then I'll PM you on how to claim your free VPS.

Is it first month, or..?
Absolutely not! We'll continue to renew your VPS and offer any kind of additional help for as long as your project is active.

That's all from me for now. If any providers wish to chip in, feel free to post your offers.

Comments

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited February 2013

I want to provide a service to my self where I can catch up on any missed TV programs. It will be able to get the programs using technology and then allow me to download it to my computer over the cloud.

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited February 2013

I'll pitch in:
    2GB RAM
    100GB HDD
    1 IPV4
    3 TB Bandwidth
    OVZ

• @Taylor said: I want to provide a service to my self where I can catch up on any missed TV porgrams

fabulous project bro

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited February 2013

Will the Sponsorship Opportunity be available for a gaming community ?

• @rahulks said: Will the Sponsorship Opportunity be available for a gaming community ? Game servers?

Feel free to post the details. If it's not the same old thing, sure.

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited February 2013

Me and my friends are running a gaming community which mainly consist of users in India and also i host some samp game server for free for some people(who are kids and who cant pay online) but my current VPS is reaching its limit because i am running the communites Game server along with ones i host for other people free of cost..

• @rahulks do any of the servers cause ddos attacks(incoming) if so, then I won't be able to offer you a server.

• rahulksrahulks Member
    edited February 2013

No,i have not experienced any attacks towards my current server

• @rahulks, the idea is more aimed towards this community such as a nifty time, could be a monitoring service or something similar.

I do however find it pretty cool that you're offering these game servers free of charge (to play). I'll wait to see what other projects are still yet to be posted.

• I'm currently developing w3nexus which is an open source proxy script. A demo of the latest (unreleased) version so far can be found here. However, I'm not really looking for any sponsored VPS's because I already have a sponsored VPS from HTTPZoom and Prometeus. Three would be greedy.

However, if anyone wants to set up their own w3nexus test mirror then that's great! I'll gladly provide the latest unreleased test version.

• @titanicsaled said: However, if anyone wants to set up their own w3nexus test mirror then that's great! I'll gladly provide the latest unreleased test version.

I can set up a mirror, if you'd like. Can you send the script?

• /self advertising

If you just need a little bit of shared hosting space for free and if you are a LET community member you can always use bornin.asia project I have, please see my signature on how to sign up for an account and you can save the sponsored VPS for those who absolutely need them

• titanicsaledtitanicsaled Member
    edited February 2013

@murky said: I can set up a mirror, if you'd like. Can you send the script?

It's entirely up to you. My recent changes haven't been documented or commented yet so it's still quite far from release but I can send you a copy if you wish.

@zhuanyi

I signed up to your service a few days ago. Would it be possible for me to host a test mirror on your service? I didn't want to do it without asking first.

• @titanicsaled said: It's entirely up to you. My recent changes haven't been documented or commented yet so it's still quite far from release but I can send you a copy if you wish.

Sure, send me it. I have nothing better to do with unused resources.

• @titanicsaled said: I signed up to your service a few days ago. Would it be possible for me to host a test mirror on your service? I didn't want to do it without asking first.

Sure, as long as you can use shared hosting without the need to install additional software packages, and as long as you are using it as a private proxy and within the bandwidth limit, I have no problem for that, nothing illegal though :)

• Great, thanks. It's always nice to have different test locations.

• On that note, if anyone is willing to sponsor CPanel VPS, I'd be happy to expand BornIn.Asia project to another few locations as well. I paid @CVPS_Chris in full for the first VPS since I have zero credibility back then, but now since it is probably the longest-lasting free shared hosting/subdomain-only service offered in LET community, I think I have gained a little bit more credibility :)

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited February 2013

@Zhuanyi I will offer a reseller account.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited February 2013

@NickO If somebody does an uptime monitoring script. I will provide a the domain for it. Got one I bought in an auction but don't have time to work on it.

Domain is vpsupti.me

• @24khost said: I will offer a reseller account.

What's your location?

• @rahulks

More like for people who pirate the game......

• curtisgcurtisg Banned
    edited February 2013

@zhuanyi ill sponsor a cpanel vps.
    Pm me if you want more info

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited February 2013

@Zhuanyi
    colostore, in Indiana USA

• Thanks @Murky.

I am already noticing differences with the display of pages on your server compared to mine. I will need to look into this in more detail.

• @curtisg said: ill sponsor a cpanel vps.

@24khost said: colostore, in Indiana USA

Thanks people, I'll go and figure out how I can set up multiple-locations and I will get back to you guys shortly, thanks a lot!

• My project is running a free post to host website.
    What we offer to our member!
    Free vps.
    Free game servers.
    Free teamspeak 3.

How many post we need?
    You only need 20 to apply.

How long can we keep our server?
    20 post monthly and monthly check in.
    Fellow provider tos.

What is monthly check in?
    It tell us that member active on the forums and they not hit and run when they have the server.

All vps and game server cost come out owner pocket.
    We have over 10 vps server been giveaway to our member.

• @casper253 what happened to that "i pay for my vpses" statement?

• casper253casper253 Member
    edited February 2013

@NickO said: It's simple, your project must be a community based (open source software or a free service) project that may be lacking in funds or could do with a helping hand.

@curtisg lacking in fund

@casper253 said: All vps and game server cost come out owner pocket.

@curtisg i paid out of my pocket and im lacking in fund

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2013

This is an example of what to look forward to if you get a VPS with RaxWeb:

http://status.shovenet.com/760168

http://status.shovenet.com/760168/2013/02