Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for vps with anti ddos
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for vps with anti ddos

joojajooja Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

I am looking for vps that have anti ddos with "Always On" mode similar with BuyVM method.
I don't want one VPS with "sensor mode", because it disconnects all my players in the game when a attack starts.

The anti ddos protection must be compatible with UDP/TCP traffic for games.

I am currently at OVH being attacked by 26 Gbps

KVM

Budget: 20~30 USD

1~2 GB ram

Minimum 2 Cores

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Who have you pissed off and what game are you hosting?

• joojajooja Member
    edited April 2016

@pbgben
    mu online

• @jooja said:
    @pbgben
    mu online

Sums up why.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

If you can do $33.00/month and haven't been blackballed by the great horse i'll likely have another node for our new E3 plans for tomorrow probably?

I got a whole rack coming up mid next month but I'm going to likely throw an extra node up for a select few orders.

Francisco

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

How do you know you got 26Gbit on OVH? They don't provide statistics for attacks. Plus a 26G attack definitely won't take down OVH.

• EVM_Mike said: Plus a 26G attack definitely won't take down OVH.

Yes. But they will null-route (Probably) your IP

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@sdglhm said:

EVM_Mike said: Plus a 26G attack definitely won't take down OVH.

no...? I've never in my life had OVH null an IP no matter the attack size, they also claim they don't null. I've had clients who've gotten 60-90G attacks at other providers and I was forced to move them to my OpenVZ servers (which are on OVH) and there were no more problems. I'm not claiming they're perfect, but they're far from "not perfect".

• I don't know many but I have used once hostgator VPs. my opinion!

• @sdglhm said:

no they don't, this is what they do

OVH HOSTING INC. - http://www.ovh.com
    800-625 av. du Président-Kennedy
    Montréal (Québec) H3A1K2
    Canada

Dear Customer,

We have just detected an attack on IP address x.x.x.x

In order to protect your infrastructure, we vacuumed up your traffic onto our mitigation infrastructure.

The entire attack will thus be filtered by our infrastructure, and only legitimate traffic will reach your servers.

At the end of the attack, your infrastructure will be immediately withdrawn from the mitigation.

For more information on the OVH mitigation infrastructure: http://www.ovh.com/us/anti-ddos/

Regards,

OVH Support
    Phone: 1-855-OVH-LINE (684-5463)

OVH HOSTING INC. - http://www.ovh.com
    800-625 av. du Président-Kennedy
    Montréal (Québec) H3A1K2
    Canada

Dear Customer,

We are no longer able to detect any attack on IP address x.x.x.x

Your infrastructure has now been withdrawn from our mitigation system.

For more information on the OVH mitigation infrastructure: http://www.ovh.com/us/anti-ddos/

Regards,

OVH Support
    Phone: 1-855-OVH-LINE (684-5463)

• sarahadmes said: I have used once hostgator VPs.

Not up to the level.

century1stop said: no they don't, this is what they do

As far as my memory goes, they used to null-route IP's for a while. I may be wrong.

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

As far as my memory goes, they used to null-route IP's for a while. I may be wrong.

No not really, they don't null route ips at least we are more than 3 years with them and had several times attack but never got nulled ips...

• deployvmdeployvm Member, Host Rep

Hello!

We can provide Anti-DDoS services with Virtual Servers (KVM) in Hungary.
    Please check our offers: https://www.xhostfire.com/clientarea/cart.php?gid=17

Should be suited to your budget. Protection up to 80Gbps.

Thank you!

• FiddeFidde Member
    edited April 2016

@jooja said:
    I am looking for vps that have anti ddos with "Always On" mode similar with BuyVM method.
    I don't want one VPS with "sensor mode", because it disconnects all my players in the game when a attack starts.

The anti ddos protection must be compatible with UDP/TCP traffic for games.

I am currently at OVH being attacked by 26 Gbps

KVM

Budget: 20~30 USD

1~2 GB ram

Minimum 2 Cores

I could do this at OVH with their permanent DDoS protection for your IP (always on).KVM, 4 Cores (E5-2630v3), 4GB RAM, 50GB SSD-cached storage custom ISO, 100Mbit/s unmetered or 10TB on 1Gbit/s (shared) @ $25/month.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@jooja I can provide the spec you want for your budget, hosted on SYS Game server, the game ddos protection might help?

• @sdglhm said:

as far as I know, the only time your IP gets null routing is when it's detected to be sending DDoS. in such cases, you are well informed via mail full details