Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full Resource Use VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Full Resource Use VPS

I want to contribute to projects like Folding@home but I don't want to use up a dedicated machine for it. What kind of VPS technology and provider should I look for Full CPU Use & Full RAM Use? It could just be a 100MHz CPU with 10MB RAM but I want to run the load at 100%.

Comments

• Dedicated core VPS
    @mikeyur, @dediserve

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • @onedosfan said:
    It could just be a 100MHz CPU with 10MB RAM but I want to run the load at 100%.

Surely the main idea of these distrubuted computing projects is to contribute any spare CPU time on whatever hardware you have, if all you have is a 100Mhz CPU you won't contribute very much, but it's better than nothing.

If you're actually planning to lease a VPS just to contribute to these projects, then the power of the CPU should surely be a factor in your decision, otherwise what's the point in doing it.

• You won't able to complete the workloads in Folding@Home before deadlines at 100MHz.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Anon111234 said:
    You won't able to complete the workloads in Folding@Home before deadlines at 100MHz.

Even my old AMD Radeon 6450 struggles. Finally got a R9 for 4K :)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • There are those i5 kimsufis if you can get stock.
    RAM and CPU are abundant for just under 20 euros.

Seflow also (used to) have 18euro i5-2500 dedis.