Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dual Processor Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dual Processor Dedicated Server

Hi guys, so i am looking for a dual processor dedicated server, the single processor itself should be of 8 cores, Atleast 2x 2TB HDD and 32 gb of ram with 1gbps network, I am looking to transfer my complete shared hosting & VPS service to that dedicated server.

If the server would be along the cpanel/whm it would be great!
DDoS protection would not be neccosory as i would be using GRE service from buyvm and installing the services on DDoS protected IP.

My budget is upto $100 for this server.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Why do you need 16 cores but only 32gb of ram and two mechanical drives? That doesn't make sense

• HabeebHabeeb Member
    edited April 2016

``> @shovenose said:> Why do you need 16 cores but only 32gb of ram and two mechanical drives? That doesn't make sense

2 mechanical drives are not compulsory, the server i am currently using have the same specifications, and the specifications mentioned are the least i would accept, & i missed to mention that i am looking to switch because i want to switch to Europe location.

• HabeebHabeeb Member
    edited April 2016

@shovenose said:
    Why do you need 16 cores but only 32gb of ram and two mechanical drives? That doesn't make sense

And the 2nd drive is currently the mirror drive of the first drive, to take care of the data loss if incase it happened.

• 100$ is a bit less for those specs in EU, forget about WHM included.

Some good europe providers : @clouvider, @quadhost, online.net (not sure if recommended for business purpose, but cheap as hell).

Thanked by 1quadhost
  • HabeebHabeeb Member
    edited April 2016

@Junkless said:
    100$ is a bit less for those specs in EU, forget about WHM included.

Some good europe providers : @clouvider, @quadhost, online.net (not sure if recommended for business purpose, but cheap as hell).

What i am looking for is a stable host, currently i am using hudson valley host shared reseller program for shared hostings, and dedicated server fromt tzulo.com for KVM vps along with BUYVM DDoS protection, but i wanted to migrate all of that to one stable host and there server.

$100 is not my fixed budget, i have seen many cheap providers in USA, let's see if i can make that up in EU.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

In EU it will most likely be very old and poor performance for the budget you've mentioned.

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited April 2016

@Ahzam said:

@Junkless said:
    100$ is a bit less for those specs in EU, forget about WHM included.

What i am looking for is a stable host, currently i am using hudson valley host shared reseller program for shared hostings, and dedicated server fromt tzulo.com for KVM vps along with BUYVM DDoS protection, but i wanted to migrate all of that to one stable host and there server.

$100 is my fixed budget, i have seen many cheap providers in USA, let's see if i can make that up in EU.

In USA, it is definitely possible. EU is a completely different story altogether. Everything is expensive there.

Thanked by 1Clouvider

Thanks for mentioning @Junkless ! :)

• @clouvider @junkless
    Thanks for your assisstance so far, i can increase my budget , but it depends on what type of service i'll be granted.

That depends on what you need, we can quote to the exact requirement, including the CPU model, but the configuration mentioned, with new hardware, will likely be more then twice of your budget.

• @Clouvider said:
    That depends on what you need, we can quote to the exact requirement, including the CPU model, but the configuration mentioned, with new hardware, will likely be more then twice of your budget.

I think you have understood so far what are my requirements. Currently i have no clients for KVM-VPS but about 10 clients for shared hosting, if you can quote me a custom package, it would be great, as i already stated DDoS protection isn't neccossory as i would be using BUYVM GRE tunneling service.

@Ahzam said:

@Clouvider said:

I think you have understood so far what are my requirements. Currently i have no clients for KVM-VPS but about 10 clients for shared hosting, if you can quote me a custom package, it would be great, as i already stated DDoS protection isn't neccossory as i would be using BUYVM GRE tunneling service.

What a point in heaving routing via US with server in the EU? That will have much higher latency everywhere than a server natively in the US.

We provide DDoS protection though at no extra cost.

If you're interested please let us know your requirements via PM and I'll be more than happy to quote :-)!

• @Clouvider said:

@Ahzam said:

@Clouvider said:

What a point in heaving routing via US with server in the EU? That will have much higher latency everywhere than a server natively in the US.

If you're interested please let us know your requirements via PM and I'll be more than happy to quote :-)!

BuyVM also provide Europe locations.

• @Clouvider said:

@Ahzam said:

@Clouvider said:

He probably means BUYVM in luxembourg

• @teamacc said:

@Clouvider said:

@Ahzam said:

@Clouvider said:

He probably means BUYVM in luxembourg

Yes tbh, sorry for the confusion.
    @Clouvider i have sent you a message!

• quadhostquadhost Member
    edited April 2016

@Junkless said: Some good europe providers : @quadhost,

Thanks for the mention!

@Ahzam we currently have newer E3v5 systems or can look at deploying dual E5's for you - we don't stock older CPU's/systems in London.

You can find our current retail pricing at http://quadhost.net/dedicated-server/ , however if you have exact specifications you need we are more than happy to look at a custom quote for you.

• Do you think this would work for you?
    intel skylake core i7-6700k, 4 core a 4.0-4.2 GHz, 2 x4TB, 64GB RAM.

• @cheapdedicated said:
    Do you think this would work for you?

What's the price, location & additional features, can you brief me about it.

• With cPanel, 5 IP dresses,$150. Without a control panel OR with Plesk 10, 5 IP addresses $120

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@cheapdedicated said:
    With cPanel, 5 IP dresses,$150. Without a control panel OR with Plesk 10, 5 IP addresses $120

Do you mean this one from Hetzner https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex51 ?

Or some other datacenter?

• edited April 2016

exception0x876 said: Do you mean this one from Hetzner https://www.hetzner.de/us/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex51 ?

Or some other datacenter?

No we dont use the data centre in question, We would offer the servce with no setup fee as that data centre, we would give more IPs than that and we would offer a flat rate of bandwidth based on a 1Gbit/s so its significantly different I did not even know that provider anyway.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@cheapdedicated where is your datacenter located?

• exception0x876 said: @cheapdedicated where is your datacenter located?

We use USA, Germany, Netherlands and India data centres BUT that particular server is hosted at Alblasserdam in The Netherlands