Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPTables Block HTTP and HTTPS browsing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPTables Block HTTP and HTTPS browsing

hyena56hyena56 Member

Hello,

I have VPS setup on OpenVPN which is running subnet on 5.5.0.0 on TCP and 5.6.0.0 on UDP is it possible to block HTTP and HTTPS browsing if connected to my VPN but has connection.

Regards,
Hyena

Comments

• don't quite get you, block ports 80 and 443 on your vps?

• @century1stop said:
    don't quite get you, block ports 80 and 443 on your vps?

I use 443 on TCP is it possible?. My Plan is once they are connected on the OpenVPN once they browse HTTP/HTTPS they must can't.

But question why i block it?, they are playing Online Games such as Dota 2 or any FPS Game to low their ping that's why.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2016

I've not ventured into OpenVPN but as far as I know, access can be restricted via Open VPN Firewall > Rules
    not sure if this is what you're asking

EDIT: If you need to use port 443 for your OpenVPN connection due to firewall or other resaons, there is also a way to "share" via port 4545 or any other port. In your OpenVPN /etc/openvpn/server.conf set:

proto tcp
    port 443
    port-share 127.0.0.1 4545 <----- can be any other preferred port ------> //

• Block outgoing tcp:80 and tcp:443 then.

Btw please use proper private network subnet such as 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 or 192.168.0.0/16.

Thanks.

Thanked by 2Nyr Ole_Juul
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@budi1413 said:
    Block outgoing tcp:80 and tcp:443 then.

Btw please use proper private network subnet such as 10.0.0.0/8, 172.16.0.0/12 or 192.168.0.0/16.

Thanks.

This.

Many people making suggestions but failing to point that you are using two public /16 as your internal subnets. You should change that to avoid conflicts, specially since 5.0.0.0/8 is heavily used.