Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can i install custom windows iso on google compute engine?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How can i install custom windows iso on google compute engine?

wjtwjt Member

Hey all,

Not sure if this is possible. I want a way to install my own windows iso on google compute engine.

Ive tried finding every keyword on google and cant find a single tutorial on how to do it. Almost everyone seems to point to vultr.

Comments

• @wjt said:
    Almost everyone seems to point to vultr.

Then it should be clear enough already. Use Vultr instead if you need Windows.

/thread

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • wjtwjt Member

If you dont have a solution other than repeating my comment please look elsewhere.

• tommytommy Member

LOL

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • Debian, thx.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

You probably can't due to licesnsing

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    Debian, thx.

Can I haz the latest Debian? Teach me how to install Debian 8 Jessie?!

• @theroyalstudent said:

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Debian, thx.

Can I haz the latest Debian? Teach me how to install Debian 8 Jessie?!

Sure,

thx

• TE ? Thx. Bye.

• wjtwjt Member
    edited April 2016

So ... Other than trolls around here, is there anyone with some better skills than spamming? If it is possible, say it is possible. If cannot, just say it's impossible. Is that more difficult than trying to ridicule me?

@hawc what about the licensing

• edanedan Member

Google Compute Engine call this as image so https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/creating-custom-image

• @wjt said:
    So ... Other than trolls around here, is there anyone with some better skills than spamming? If it is possible, say it is possible. If cannot, just say it's impossible. Is that more difficult than trying to ridicule me?

@hawc what about the licensing?

The very first response was someone legitimately answering you, pointing out you already knew the answer.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Why would you need a customer win ISO? My best guess is it's pirated. Why go through the effort to use pirated OS on a costly platform is anybody's guess (unless your cashing in on the free teir/startup cash) but Google know who you are, they cache your search and run it through AI to work out wether your a good human... Using pirated software on the Google platform is the act of a bad human... The Google sentiant AI will find you... It will harm you in ways only a bot could imagine... Please, just use vulter and leave us alone, I beg you. dum fuk

• wjtwjt Member
    edited April 2016

Thank you all for a non answer. Yes yes, we all know what it is, I've seen it posted here before with 99% of the community bashing that one dude who actually tried to help just because he pointed a site that hosted those image. Now if you don't mind, go troll somewhere else. None of you are any more saint than you think you are. I don't wanna hear from the legal hypocrites here. I just want to know if it can be done, and how.

• dailydaily Member

Not going to help you do something with an illegal copy whether you like it or not.

• If you want a custom windows ISO running then i recommend getting a kvm/vmware based vps and request proxmox as operation system through the provider's ticket system. After proxmox got installed you can upload any custom iso file you want to it and create your own virtual machine with it using the proxmox web interface.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@wjt said:
    I don't wanna hear from the legal hypocrites here. I just want to know if it can be done, and how.

Hi there, please let me apologise for the other members of LET not doing exactly what you asked. I have reminded them many times that they are to act like machines and only post if they can provide an accurate answer to the question, but time and time again they fail to do this. People, eh?

Thanked by 1daily
  • trvztrvz Member

What about the newest Ubuntu? It should run on Vultr.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Vultr won't give him $300 credits to spend within 60 days, which is probably why OP won't consider them as a suitable provider.