Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

[SOLVED] WebDAV on Apache2 for Windows
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[SOLVED] WebDAV on Apache2 for Windows

markmark Member
edited February 2013 in Help

Hi all,

So most of my LEBs are OpenVZ so of course linux based, but I have a couple of KVMs, one of which I have Windows 7 Pro installed on (genuinely licensed and activated). I have installed Apache 2.2.22 for Win32 on it and enabled WebDAV. Everything works fine, I can connect using any WebDAV client over HTTP and HTTPS without problem, but when I try to copy something to the WebDAV 'drive', it will not save. If I place something into the directory on the server, I can download it from WebDAV but I cannot delete it or modify it.

Now, I'm guessing this must be related to permissions. I have set up WebDAV in linux many times without any problems, but seen as Apache doesn't create a user in Windows, I can't do the equivalent of chown the WebDAV directory to wwwuser. I have tried giving 'Everybody' full control of the directory, I have tried starting the Apache service as an administrator to no joy. I have Filezilla server running as a service and can upload anywhere I like by FTP, and this has to be the same thing.

Anyone have any ideas? I know Windows hosting isn't popular, especially on LEBs, but with these cheap, high resourced KVMs around, it's perfectly possible.

Mark.

Edit: I've tried Googling to no success...

Comments

• markmark Member
    edited February 2013

Ok, so I managed to solve it myself. In case anyone stumbles upon this thread in the future with the same problem, it's actually got nothing to do with permissions.

The 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\conf\extra\httpd-dav.conf' file contains the following line:

DavLockDB "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/var/DavLock"

All well and good, but the 'C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\var' directory does not exist. Simply creating the 'var' directory allows the appropriate files to be generated and solves the problem.

All's well that ends well :-)