Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think hosting companys, create DDoS attack?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

its just a question i'm not accusing anyone of anything.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Absolutely. I could never prove it, except for Athena Layer when Nick posted a video of himself attacking a website to sell DDOS protection.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Do tire companies throw nails in the road? Maybe...

Thanked by 1GCat
  • GCatGCat Member

Absolutely. It keeps the market on its toes

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited April 2016

Similar concept, but I get spammed and then coincidentally some guy named Jarland over at a company named "MXRoute" emails me offering an email solution with anti-spam.

Very odd.

• MadMad Member

Professional and serious companies wouldn't do it, that's why you should choose carefully who trust on.

• trvztrvz Member

Some.

• nepsneps Member

Certainly. Hosting is an industry with a lot of kids, and where there are a lot of kids you can expect DDoS attacks.

• only people with extensive network knowledge would be able to design attacks, what do you think?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Yes.

It doesn't help that many networks make big money with them.

Example: CloudFlare knowingly hosting booters and selling protection from them.

Money talks, sadly.

• There is probably a few, but most of them are found on HackForums.

• I agree with what neps said. But I don't think that major companies would attempt such a ploy because if they were to get caught it would cause more problems than what is worth.

• Nah, they just trip over a cable and forget to plug it back in for a while.
    Much cheaper than hiring someone that knows how to talk about DDOS mitigation.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited April 2016

Well, if people are telling you "I have 10Gbit and I can DDOS if i like, in case we get abuse messages, we telling them it was a costumer, Problem solved."

so for sure Yes.

• Probably a few. Ain't nobody got time for that.

• I am sure they do. Maybe not in person but via some third party.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Safehousecloud said:

I am sure they do. Maybe not in person but via some third party.

There's a couple providers off the top of my head that ran/run booters as a side business.

Francisco

Thanked by 2zafouhar gestiondbi
  • Lets wait for UK offer

• Yeah - there's no doubt there are a few less than reputable providers that seek to destroy competition - which is by no means odd. As someone above mentioned though, it's not likely to be any somewhat successful or remotely significant provider.

@Francisco - Do you know if you're ever specifically targetted? Would require some serious horsepower to bring down your uplinks, heh!

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • @Nyr said:
    Yes.

It doesn't help that many networks make big money with them.

Example: CloudFlare knowingly hosting booters and selling protection from them.

Money talks, sadly.

"gold is worse poison to a man's soul" (in this case CloudFlare - quote 100% mine)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@pbgben said:

We Anti Virus software now.

Francisco

• @MightWeb said:
    Yeah - there's no doubt there are a few less than reputable providers that seek to destroy competition - which is by no means odd. As someone above mentioned though, it's not likely to be any somewhat successful or remotely significant provider.

@Francisco - Do you know if you're ever specifically targetted? Would require some serious horsepower to bring down your uplinks, heh!

Some serious ponypower*

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

There are plenty of hosts on this site that DDOS their competition. Try posting an ad here for VPSs in the UK and watch the packets fly. There are quite a few hosts who refuse to advertise on here because of competitors who knock their websites offline as soon as an ad goes up on LEB/LET.

We've actually been forced to leave a data center because we were so popular on here that people have publicly threatened us if we continued posting ads, presumably because it was hurting their business.

Thanked by 1telephone
  • KuJoe said: We've actually been forced to leave a data center because we were so popular on here that people have publicly threatened us if we continued posting ads, presumably because it was hurting their business.

The LEB mafia at work.

• nepsneps Member

century1stop said: only people with extensive network knowledge would be able to design attacks, what do you think?

Design maybe, but you need zero knowledge to actually initiate one. Kiddies do it all the time, or pay someone else to do it.