Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I need a strong host that can support medium activity.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I need a strong host that can support medium activity.

MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep
edited April 2016 in Requests

Can someone recommend me a host in EU that has DDos Protection, fast speeds and won't go offline when a lot of people are using it. This is going to be used to keep up 3 websites which generates quite a bit of traffic

Comments

• edited April 2016

BuyVM @Francisco

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

How much traffic?

• MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep

@randvegeta said:
    How much traffic?

Around 100+ visitors daily and about 40 of which are active continuously posting around the clock.

It's going to be a vBulletin forum with a lot of images/activity on it.

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

I've already mentioned Prometeus in your other threads at LET and I'm willingly doing it again) They provide wide range of hosting services: shared, OVZ/KVM/Xen/Cloud/Storage VPS, it's actually one of the best option when it comes to the affordable and reliable European hosting provider. Don't consider it as an advertising, please, since that's just my two cents.

• AmitzAmitz Member

bersy said: I've already mentioned Prometeus in your other threads at LET and I'm willingly doing it again) They provide wide range of hosting services: shared, OVZ/KVM/Xen/Cloud/Storage VPS, it's actually one of the best option when it comes to the affordable and reliable European hosting provider. Don't consider it as an advertising, please, since that's just my two cents.

Even though Prometeus (which I love) offer basic DDoS protection, they still prefer eventual DDoS magnets to seek other providers, which is perfectly fine for me, but may not be for the OP.

Thanked by 1bersy
  • bersybersy Member

Amitz said: Even though Prometeus (which I love) offer basic DDoS protection, they still prefer eventual DDoS magnets to seek other providers, which is perfectly fine for me, but may not be for the OP.

Shame on me, I've actually missed a DDoS protection point, that's the only thing Prometeus lack for.

• HostedHosted Member
    edited April 2016

It seems like you are looking for BlazingFast.io. 980 Gbps DDoS protection, SSD-powered servers, 99.95% uptime SLA, etc. Hosted in Netherlands.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

have you tried OVH Cloud VPS?

• Ramnode Netherlands?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@MikaeelZA said:
    have you tried OVH Cloud VPS?

Last time I checked OVH Cloud VPS does not have a firewall (at least it is true for Cloud SSD VPS), so it will be hard to fine-tune the protection rules.

• MikaeelZAMikaeelZA Member, Host Rep

@Hosted said:
    It seems like you are looking for BlazingFast.io. 980 Gbps DDoS protection, SSD-powered servers, 99.95% uptime SLA, etc. Hosted in Netherlands.

I've already used BlazingFast and a lot of the times it's really slow for my website.

• MadMad Member

If you have linux experience it would be better to opt for a VPS rather than a web hosting package.

• OVH VPS + ServerPilot + Sucuri.

ServerPilot is a smart and free service provided by one of the first sysadmins at Amazon and a known security researcher in the linux community. You simply buy a VPS or dedicated server, install Ubuntu 14.04 or 16.04 and they do the rest(install apache+nginx, PHP, MySQL, plugins....) And as your site grow or get more popular your configs will scale automatically. Also comes with a pretty nice firewall.

Sucuri is great to put in front of your website, they handle all DDoS attacks before they reach your server and they also include a pretty nice CDN.

I have thousands of visitors daily and my 3 websites are super stable, been dealing with attacks since 2012 and so far this has been the best and fastest solution.

• bersybersy Member

Wicked said: they handle all DDoS attacks before they reach your server

Do you mean their $42/m plan?