Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New vStoike
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The New vStoike

Got this in my inbox today.

Our new look has arrived! The last few months we've been working hard to become better. Completely redesigned, we've made every part of our main website and client area much more elegant and intuitive. More than just a new look, we've also updated all of our plans and added some really cool and useful features.

One-Click Templates

Deploy your favourite templates in 1 click! WordPress, Drupal, LAMP, and others are available to you along with a popular hosting panels cPanel and VestaCP on your VPS just in seconds!

Each Task Needs A Unique Solution

You can now configure your own VPS plan - take all resources you need and don't overpay!

IPv6 Is The Future

All of the VPS now come with IPv6 /64 subnet by default!

Speed Matters

Our dedicated servers got cheaper and faster! All dedicated plans can now be configured with SSD storage with no extra charge.

I checked the plan I was on for over a year. At the first sight looks like their plans hasn't changed much, at least price wise.

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2016

You forgot to include the URL: https://vstoike.ru/

Thanked by 1BeardyUnixGuy
  • cassacassa Member

• Ou, nice clear design :P

• _Nic_Nic Member

The costs is high even for Russia.

• No offense, but why traffic reduced to 1Tb now for starter box?

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Ehy! that Design is so clean and damm good!

• @_Nic said:
    The costs is high even for Russia.

Pretty much on par with that of vscale.io suggested recently as a counterpart of vstoike.

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited April 2016

First vscale is cheaper, see disk size on lowest tariff and traffic cost. And vscale use new fresh hardware E5v3 gen and they provides hourly billing. Also there are many cheaper good providers in Russia.

Thanked by 1fitvpn
  • bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

_Nic said: The costs is high even for Russia.

Since when $3 for KMV server from reliable company with their own DC is high at LET?

_Nic said: First vscale is cheaper

To be fair Vscale has the same price tag, vStoike is even a bit cheaper.

• BeardyUnixGuyBeardyUnixGuy Member
    edited April 2016

Is anyone here a customer of both vscale and vstoike? Maybe, care to share experiences between the two?

I must admit that, on paper, these two providers don't seem too bad.

Well, except for this bit of weirdness.

edited April 2016

_Nic said: The costs is high even for Russia.

It got cheaper. Formerly the lowest plan was $4.8/month for international customers and somewhat cheaper for Russians -- now they got rid of that division, and it costs about exactly the same for everyone (as of today's exchange rates): $3 and 195 RUB.

However now only 1 TB of bandwidth instead of 3TB, and 10 GB disk space instead of 30 GB.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@BeardyUnixGuy said:
    Is anyone here a customer of both vscale and vstoike? Maybe, care to share experiences between the two?

I must admit that, on paper, these two providers don't seem too bad.

Well, except for this bit of weirdness.

Both are good for the price, both have censorship at the network level, both have similar quality bandwidth.

vStoike support is a bit hit and miss, vScale billing is more flexible, vScale is using newer hardware and has a bigger business in the hosting industry, plans are also a bit better. It's also kinda likely that vScale could expand to Moscow in the future since the parent company has data centers here.

My choice between the two would probably be vScale, but I'm a customer of both and they are fine.

Thanked by 2bersy BeardyUnixGuy
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2016

rm_ said: rm_

$4,80 was same 250 Rubles two years ago, when Ruble start discrease against USD, VStoike simply not fix exchange rates and non Russian users keep pay twice for the same box. Seems now with a new template they consider fix price with current exchange rates.

Nyr said: both have censorship at the network level

What kind of censorship you get?

fitvpn said: $4,80 was same 250 Rubles

But now it's 195 Roubles, so they lowered prices for everyone (although also lowering specs).

• rm_ said: But now it's 195 Roubles, so they lowered prices for everyone

Ruble also start slowly increase against USD and EUR

• _Nic_Nic Member
    edited April 2016

bersy said: To be fair Vscale has the same price tag, vStoike is even a bit cheaper.

Oh, sorry, does vStoike offer KVM on SAS? In this case their compare is incorrect, because vScale for example on SSD, and SAS must be appreciably cheaper.
    I have SSD VDS with 512Mb RAM cheaper 150RUB/month and I pay 250RUB/m for 1Gb RAM in Russia, they have unmetered traffic, and they are very good. I don't see any reasons to pay more.

fitvpn said: What kind of censorship you get?

It's interesting because not all the censorship is applied, but some drug-related content is partially blocked at the network level. For example, I can connect on port 80 to a censored site with HSTS but no way I can negotiate TLS over 443.

_Nic said: I have SSD VDS with 512Mb RAM cheaper 150RUB/month and I pay 250RUB/m for 1Gb RAM in Russia, they have unmetered traffic, and they are very good. I don't see any reasons to pay more.

So let us know about your great provider? Both vStoike and vScale are about the best you can get in Saint Petersburg for $3/month, specially for international customers. And both are decently sized ISPs which own their infrastructure and will not disappear tomorrow.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Nyr said: So let us know about your great provider?

He's referring to vScale.

Nekki said: He's referring to vScale.

I don't think so, vScale is more expensive than what he's describing and not unmetered.

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

_Nic said: I have SSD VDS with 512Mb RAM cheaper 150RUB/month and I pay 250RUB/m for 1Gb RAM in Russia, they have unmetered traffic, and they are very good. I don't see any reasons to pay more.

Let me guess, it's IHOR, isn't it? I don't personally think they are so great as you say. But I'm quite satisfied with their FTP/SFTP storage. And your 512MB VPS is probably FirstByte, that is the young company, but their approach appeal to me. They are in one of the best and largest Russian DC DATAPRO. Though I may be wrong, since there are other affordable KVM offers in Russia, like SimpleCloud etc.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Nyr said: I don't think so, vScale is more expensive than what he's describing and not unmetered.

That being the case, either he has a special deal or writes extremely badly.

• bersy said: Let me guess, it's IHOR, isn't it? I don't personally think they are so great as you say

IHOR one of the best I have tried

• elgselgs Member

Where is the exact location?

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

elgs said: Where is the exact location?

vStoike and Vscale both are in Saint Petersburg, IHOR is in Moscow. All of them own data centers, but different level DC, sort of Selectel>vStoike>IHOR I suppose, correct me if I'm wrong please.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • elgselgs Member

Excellent server. It doesn't seem to be easy to find a Russian provider with a readable website. vSoike is one if them.

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

As for Vscale, it seems their SCALET200 promotional code is still valid.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@bersy said:
    As for Vscale, it seems their SCALET200 promotional code is still valid.

Which can be used for?

• bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

Nekki said: Which can be used for?

https://www.lowendtalk.com/search?Search=SCALET200 You can also register via any affiliate link to get 400 credits, that's my one https://vscale.io/?refcode=ws1nv9kgts for example :) Link owner gets 400 credits too.

• VeespVeesp Member, Host Rep

@cassa said:

Thank you for pointing out this bug! Fixed.

• BTC support?