Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

llc
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

llc

what is the cheapest way to start a llc im going to be selling some minecraft servers and stuff and i want to make a llc what is cheapest fastest way to do it

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited April 2016

Cheapest way? There is no cheapest way. Find your states filing papers, fill it out, send it or bring it to the county office that is listed on their site with the filing fees (varies per state, Texas for example is $300 USD)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

cheapest way is to file it yourself

• I'm sure you've already done a thorough search and are asking here for personal experience, but a quick Google shows me that there are people who will do this for under $40 and it looks like there is a thriving market in "cheap llc". At those kinds of prices it probably doesn't matter much where you buy and I guess it's easy to do yourself for just a filing fee.

• Like it has been mentioned before, just file yourself. No need to go through a 3rd party.

• It's not very difficult to do yourself, at least in my state.

If you have a nearby Score chapter, they can be a great resource.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited April 2016

LLC filing fees vary from state to state. Incorporating in Wyoming is cheapest. If memory serves, in New Mexico there are no annual fees. In some other states, there is no sales tax. In others - no state income tax. Take your pick.

Assuming you reside in the US, incorporating in your state, you can save money, providing your own registered office and acting as the LLC's Registered Agent. However, I would recommend against that as it opens your place of residence to consequences of any litigation or criminal proceedings targeting the LLC.

Saving money DIY is great, but any mistakes can be very costly. Establishing an LLC is only the beginning, then comes EIN and other filing requirements.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Wyoming and using a 3rd party service will cost about 175 to do it