Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommended Domain Registrars
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Recommended Domain Registrars

Domin43Domin43 Member
edited April 2016 in General

In regards to customer privacy, default prices, security and any other factors what registrar would you advise me to use that is an overall top place to register domains.

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Namesilo or Internet.BS

• We register the domains for our customers at InternetBS or NameSilo. Both stable registrars.

• Any feedback on Gandi?

• dailydaily Member

People recently may disagree, but Namecheap is always a go to for me.

• Domin43Domin43 Member
    edited April 2016

@Radi said:
    Namesilo or Internet.BS
    @Clouduru said:
    We register the domains for our customers at InternetBS or NameSilo. Both stable registrars.

I know OVH includes your first/last name in the whois protection does NameSilo follow this practice?

• Gandi

They're OK. Bit pricey for gTLD and popular ccTLDs but provide better than average coverage of TLDs in general.

Their API is a bit anal, they provide free privacy (where available), email & domain forwarding.

InternetBS and namesilo are nice and simple. I'd also recommend domainbox.

Namebright are quite competitive wrt GoDaddy pricing for gTLDs and also have a basic API.

• Domin43 said: I know OVH includes your first/last name in the whois protection does NameSilo follow this practice?

They use:
    Registrant Name: Domain Administrator

If you want to go with them there are many codes to get 1$ off. LOWENDTALK is one of them if I recall correctly. 1 per account I think.

• home.pl and az.pl :)

• NameSilo. Free whois privacy. Domain Defender, 2 factor authentication, $8.99 (usd) for .com per year. Great support.

• BochiBochi Member

@dailymc said:
    People recently may disagree, but Namecheap is always a go to for me.

Same here, had only good experiences with them until now. However they don't seem to have many friends around here.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Namesilo for sure.

• TehEnforceTehEnforce Member
    edited April 2016

Namesilo no doubt. Great registrar and very good prices.

You can use coupon DOMAIN10 for 1 USD off.

• Namesilo or Namecheap

• NekkiNekki Veteran

+1 for Namesilo and InternetBS - if I had to choose just one, I'd go with Namesilo for better features and the free whois privacy.

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

NameSilo & InternetBS for sure!

/topic.

• Google. Free Whois Privasy. Free Cloud DNS for 10 million queries per year.

• NameSilo or Name.com.

Both have free whois privacy (use privacyplease for free privacy for Name.com).

Name.com is better GUI wise.

• angstromangstrom Moderator

I think that any of the major registrars are okay as far as trustworthiness is concerned. However, in this day and age, I would definitely prefer a registrar that supports IPv6 (which would rule out e.g. dotster.com). I would recommend namesilo.com or namecheap.com.

• easyeasy Member

uniregistry

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited April 2016

Guys do you know someone else, not Namesilo or Namecheap. Everyone stuck with them.

• Namecheap. Trustworthy, Cheap/Free WHOIS protection, Good pricing, Live chat support.

Although I haven't used them recently: InternetBS has pretty competitive pricing ($8.49 for a .com).

• @sambling said:
    Cheap/Free WHOIS protection, Good pricing

Not as cheap as Name.com or NameSilo. Also at Namecheap whois privacy is only free for the first year.

• MadMad Member

Namesilo, Namecheap, Godaddy.

• There a many good registrars outside US. Instant Whois protection for free on several TLD,such a SE, RU, EU etc

• We have good experience with ResellerClub - stable pricing, fast support.

• Up until about a month ago I would have wholeheartedly recommended namecheap but I can't say the same anymore.

So far two months later my personal nameservers still aren't set up. Support has no idea why it won't work and I just get an email every fortnight telling me they're still working on it but so far no results. Useless!

• nepsneps Member

dailymc said: People recently may disagree, but Namecheap is always a go to for me.

Me too. I don't like unnecessary change, and they never gave me a reason to dislike them.

• One of my domain at Gandi for some reason had its nameservers changed to Gandi's nameservers on its own. Contacted Gandi, they said I changed it (which I didn't, and why woudl I?), caused some downtime, but it's all fine after I changed it back. Only happened once, probably their system error.

• Domain Registrars I like the most:

Please use my aff links for registering. ;)
    All of them are offering FREE WHOIS Privacy! :)

• I've used luckyregister.com.

Easy to use name servers, adding domains, secondary domains. X.main.com y.main.com etc.
    Propagates to DNS services relatively fast.
    Never had a problem and they allow PayPal. And have privacy options with deals on new domains and often offers deals