Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS/Dedi required
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS/Dedi required

Hello,
I'm looking for a VPS/Dedicated server to use as a VPN, seedbox and Plex server. I don't intend to do transcoding of videos on Plex, hence RAM/CPU requirements won't be that high. Bandwidth and storage will be of greater priority, and also to allow the use of private trackers.

Looking for something with at least 2GB RAM, 750GB storage space and in the range of USD8-15/month. Fast speeds to Asia would be a great plus.

I've been looking at Kimsufi and Online.net, but the low end servers seem to be unavailable the past few days.

Please do share any available deals, and test files for downloads too! Thanks!

Comments

• MadMad Member
    edited April 2016

If you mainly prefer a dedicated you should check also WholeSaleInternet, QuadIX. The price is the same one.

Thanked by 1d0hique
  • bersybersy Member
    edited April 2016

If OVZ and Lithuania is OK, check Time4VPS Storage offers. Another option is ZXPlay 1TB offer (aff link), location is DE Hetzner, you can use LET16 code to get additional 10% off. Both of them allow private torrents and have a good reputation out here. That's the most affordable storage deals you can find at the market now.

If you prefer US (Atlanta), Delimiter, for example, has a good OVZ Storage offers too, you can use DoubleStorageVPS code to get 1TB storage for $21/quarter (applies to annual orders only). I suppose @mikeyur can shed some lights on their private torrents policy.

2GB RAM, 1TB storage KVM VPS is about $20/m. ZXPlay used to offer it for $7-10/m, but that's not available anymore as far as I can see.

Thanked by 1d0hique
  • bersy said: I suppose @mikeyur can shed some lights on their private torrents policy

That would be a no go, sorry.

Thanked by 2d0hique bersy
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited April 2016

The Kimsufis will come up, you just need to be patient and keep watching the page. Even the KS-1 is fine for Plex with no transcoding, and OVH don't seem to give 2 shits about torrenting, much less about private torrents.

Thanked by 1d0hique
  • MadMad Member
    edited April 2016

@Nekki said:
    The Kimsufis will come up, you just need to be patient and keep watching the page. Even the KS-1 is fine for Plex with no transcoding, and OVH don't seem to give 2 shits about torrenting, much less about private torrents.

Alternatively you can create a cron/script to get adviced once it's available, there are few tools online too such as availability.ovh or Uptime Robot.

• Kimsufi has an i3-2130 in stock with 8GB/2TB for $19 ($4 above your budget)

Thanked by 1d0hique
  • Hmm.. Would the Canadian data centre or European ones have better peering to Asia? The i3-2130 is located in Canada

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@d0hique said:
    Hmm.. Would the Canadian data centre or European ones have better peering to Asia? The i3-2130 is located in Canada

http://proof.ovh.net

Thanked by 1d0hique
  • do you prefer physical server or virtual server? dedicated bandwith only on physical, but you can also find some good offers for a kvm vps, with dedicated resources. You should also specify the server localization you prefer, US EU or other, for best performances

• tommytommy Member

@alphavps_net said:
    do you prefer physical server or virtual server? dedicated bandwith only on physical, but you can also find some good offers for a kvm vps, with dedicated resources. You should also specify the server localization you prefer, US EU or other, for best performances

LOL. WHT style

Thanked by 2Nekki vpsguy