Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXCORE review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXCORE review

edited December 2011 in General

Hey guys, I recently was looking for cheap plans and they had a 1.25$ plan which I took advantage of. I am a very new linux user, lol as you guys can see from my posts/etc, well I just needed a testbed server to get my forum up and running and this place is awesome. Whenever I went to there site there online was online and I got to talk to a representive to help me. Man I bet he was so annoyed, I asked him alot of questions about linux and how the commands work like how to install php/etc, the funny part is they ACTUALLY Helped me with my problems (mostly personally) to, so there customer service is extremely nice, they are growing I think and I just wanted to right a good review with them. I am still new at linux, and the admin decided to raise my ram up by like +50mb cause I was having problems optimizing my mysql and stuff, so he figured he'd help me out and raise my ram up a little bit, so they did, extremely nice people.... im paying 1.25$ month and my speed is insane (I live in seattle) there servers are in phoenix, and my forum refreshes at around 90ms, and there ping from command prompt is roughly around 50-60ms it's insane lol

Just wanted to let you guys know whats up, awesome company for not only newbs like me to gets started with linux, but they have better plans for the experienced linux guru's too.

:)

EDIT: I am also most likely will be upgrading soon too to a higher plan once i "officially" launch my site, it's so cool that I found this company I can actually start small with, 1.25$/plan then just go to like4-5$/month and actually have a full out powered VPS, it's pretty nice, I got lucky :D

btw my forum/site is here:

http://216.224.230.243/

it's pretty damn fast too, really nice cant wait to launch!! need to learn more linux!!

you can review/for legit proof my site:

http://speakwhatsreal.com/

my nameservers finally worked for me, !!! omg so epic thx u all

edit: site is in beta so nothing works atm just click around :D

Comments

• Yes, they're pretty good for that price (at least for now)...mhh...I will submit a ticket saying that I'm very very new to Linux...let's see if my RAM can increase to 128 :P

Just kidding :D

• haha, but for real they're really good i usually dont write reviews..

• Quick question what forum are running or is it a custom made one?

• @thekreek Seems an old version of Invision Power Board.

• According to other posts of this man, if I remember is a custom forum.

• KairusKairus Member
    edited December 2011

@Zero said: @thekreek Seems an old version of Invision Power Board.

Seems to be IPB 1.3. Notice things like <{B_POLL}>, the javascript is the same as IPB 1.3

You should just run FluxBB imo. It's lighter, secure, and stable.

• edited December 2011

@thekreek said: Quick question what forum are running or is it a custom made one?

Some 1.3 code left, mostly re coded from scratch, the database/etc has nothing from ipb 1.3, it's faster then fluxbb and even more secure. @ Kairus I've done to many modifications to xfer to fluxbb :)

The profiles are a 3 column drag and drop/save with inline text editing (about me/etc) it's very nice. I am glad I found ipxcore to help me get my site up and running, im going to launch soon, what you see on that site is a older version (1month)

Kairus, are you a 1.3 fan or did u move up to the "3.0 bloated" crap systems, I hate how they upgraded ipb to the new slow bloated crap..., if you got aim or MSN, would love to talk in the future, just hit me up on here.
    EDIT: Also nothing works on that beta site, will post working link once my site is launched, just finishing up some optimization