Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best price to run dedicated gaming server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best price to run dedicated gaming server

Im looking for a server to run a dedicated Rust, CS:GO, minecraft and teamspeak server.

currently got a scaleway server but struggling to make things work so want dedicated hardware im used to.

Comments

• VyprNetworksVyprNetworks Member
    edited April 2016

What are the specs needed?

• Budget? And current specifications?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

do you mind to share what does not work at scaleway?

• ginner159ginner159 Member
    edited April 2016

ill be looking at prob min 4 cores ~2.2ghz min 8 gb ram 50gb hdd. want best price offers at the mo max prob £25 a month

• @exception0x876 said:
    do you mind to share what does not work at scaleway?

it probably does but cant get steamcmd to work using http://gameservermanagers.com/

works when run by itself not using the scripts provided. think it might be due to the arm architecture.

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@ginner159 said:
    think it might be due to the arm architecture.

oh it is ARM server, I thought you were talking about their x86 plans. then it all makes sense

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited April 2016

Get 2 -3 Dediserve 1GB specials, you will be good to go. Maybe more ram for the minecraft server. Put the teamspeak server on any of them since it won't take that much resource.

Thanked by 1dediserve
  • I would also suggest getting 3 ish ghz for the mc, as long as the single thread preformace is strong

• the x86 scaleway servers were not really designed for game servers and the arm servers will not work with steamcmd as it the library isn't compatible. I would say the higher clock speed the better I've had best performance around the 2.5-2.6 ghz area.

I would say a minimum is 2 Core 2GB I'm not sure how much rust uses in terms of resources as it's a pain to get started in my experience.

• If you want to look at different CPU models with better preformace, look at https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html . It shows proformace based on single threaded. Source servers will use at most 2 Threads, one for the server, the other for networking. MC wont use more then one less you get some special server, i think spigot does multi. not sure on that

• dailydaily Member

If a provider doesn't ask you for location, they don't care about you.

Location is too important not to know.

• andreblue said: look at

and once again cpubenchmark is totally useless.

• @TarZZ92 said:

andreblue said: look at

and once again cpubenchmark is totally useless.

It is not useless. You can get some info. Of course, you cant just go off of one but hat cpu's are mostly beasts. They do have some of the xeon cpu's which are server ones. Do you have proof that they are useless?

• ATHKATHK Member

You can run TS on LES if you want to seperate it from the rest, RUST is pretty hungry in my experience..

• You will need over 3ghz for csgo otherwise you will get var issues

• dailydaily Member

@zackrashmen said:
    You will need over 3ghz for csgo otherwise you will get var issues

This isn't true. I run multiple servers on CPUs under that and have never had any issues.

Thanked by 1zackrashmen
  • zackrashmenzackrashmen Member
    edited April 2016

@dailymc said:

@zackrashmen said:
    You will need over 3ghz for csgo otherwise you will get var issues

This isn't true. I run multiple servers on CPUs under that and have never had any issues.

Were the servers for csgo and how many players were on the servers and also what
    Tickrate

• @exception0x876 said:

@ginner159 said:
    think it might be due to the arm architecture.

oh it is ARM server, I thought you were talking about their x86 plans. then it all makes sense

im using the VC1L x86 plan. i might be doing it wrong.. pm me if you can help :)

• andreblue said: It is not useless. You can get some info.

It's useless simple as. it gives no info and the testing methods are not public.

use geekbench for accurate tests

• would online.net dedibox be powerful enough?

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

• @ginner159 said:
    would online.net dedibox be powerful enough?

https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

Not really as that uses the same as the x86 scaleway, If you want to try that processor spin up a dedicated at scaleway to see

Thanked by 1ginner159
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited April 2016

Before asking an offer, people should do their homework; for exactly what they need for what project and how many consumers/clients/customers. After that, with specific specs, pop the question with information included but not limited to: VPS or Dedicated, CPU architecture and speed and type, RAM type, disk space and type SSD or HDD dedicated or not, location for ping, bandwidth speed guaranteed or not, IPv4 or IPv6 or both, and so on.

This is important information. When you post: "server to run a dedicated Rust, CS:GO, minecraft and teamspeak server", nobody can know what you need, for how many connections, for how much load, for production or not, and so on.

If you desire a good and detailed offer, ask a good and detailed question. Otherwise many will just make assumptions and give you random offers, wasting your time and confusing you more than you were before.

• Not sure of your preferred geolocation, but online.net 's Dedibox XC ($22) probably has your cheapest solution for those specs. You might also look at:
    Kimsufi's i7-920 ($24) or Opteron 4122 ($22)

• MrRadicMrRadic Patron Provider, Veteran

@ginner159 said:
    ill be looking at prob min 4 cores ~2.2ghz min 8 gb ram 50gb hdd. want best price offers at the mo max prob £25 a month

This should work extremely well for you:

Intel Core i5 3550
    8 GB DDR3 RAM
    64 GB SSD
    1 Gbps Dedicated Port
    10 TB Premium Bandwidth
    /29 IP Block (5 Usable IPs)
    KVM Over IP
    10 Gbps DDoS Protection
    NYC Metro Data Center
    $35/mo + Free Setup

[email protected] to order.