Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


WHMCS Internal ticketing / task management ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

WHMCS Internal ticketing / task management ?

leapswitchleapswitch Member, Provider

Hello,

As our team grows, we are noticing the limitations of WHMCS. Does anyone know any addon/method in WHMCS to have internal tickets or a task manager/to-do list where senior techs could add/schedule tasks or checklists and any available tech could start and complete the task ?

We tried the WHMCS Project Management which seems to be too much for our needs and the inbuilt to-do list is quite useless.

What do you guys use ?

Leapswitch Networks - Affordable Managed and UnManaged VPS
Pune/Mumbai, India - Asheville, USA - Lisbon, Portugal - Kiev, Ukraine - Barcelona, Spain - Frankfurt, Germany

Comments

  • cassacassa Member, Provider

    We have an "Internal" department which isn't public and use Slack for communication including to-do lists.

    ik moet poepen

  • SadySady Member

    Trello is what you need.

    I don't have any relation/affiliation with any LET Host, All of my comments are my own
    Simple bash script to clean compromised wordpress site [cPanel/WHM specified]

  • ZappieZappie Member, Provider

    +1 for trello for a good place to start with things, also they have API and hooks for events so if you are really up for it to send notifications back and forward with WHMCS, it could be done (in theory)

    Affordable VPS in Auckland, New Zealand and Johannesburg, South Africa . We take hosting seriously.

  • leapswitchleapswitch Member, Provider

    I have tried Trello as well. The reason for WHMCS is that it keeps everything in one location instead of techs having to login to multiple different tools/websites for multiple things.

    Leapswitch Networks - Affordable Managed and UnManaged VPS
    Pune/Mumbai, India - Asheville, USA - Lisbon, Portugal - Kiev, Ukraine - Barcelona, Spain - Frankfurt, Germany

  • leapswitchleapswitch Member, Provider

    @cassa said:
    We have an "Internal" department which isn't public and use Slack for communication including to-do lists.

    We use a hosted alternative of Slack called Rocket.chat for internal communication . For the internal department, under which client are the tickets created ? Did you create yourself as a client ?

    Leapswitch Networks - Affordable Managed and UnManaged VPS
    Pune/Mumbai, India - Asheville, USA - Lisbon, Portugal - Kiev, Ukraine - Barcelona, Spain - Frankfurt, Germany

  • cassacassa Member, Provider

    @leapswitch said:

    @cassa said:
    We have an "Internal" department which isn't public and use Slack for communication including to-do lists.

    We use a hosted alternative of Slack called Rocket.chat for internal communication . For the internal department, under which client are the tickets created ? Did you create yourself as a client ?

    You can also fill in the email address for a ticket. Currently looking at Google Groups too as an alternative.

    ik moet poepen

  • +1 for Trello.

    I repeat, RAID is not backup | Looking for a developer for your next project? - Hire me

  • Can you not grow into whmcs project manager?

    VyprNetworks Colocation - Business Colocation, Dedicated Hosting & Colocation Management

    Single Colocation from $45/mo | Dedicated Hosting from $55/mo | Dallas Colocation Management from $199/mo

  • Trello is amazing

    I ❤ Laravel

  • leapswitchleapswitch Member, Provider

    @VyprNetworks said:
    Can you not grow into whmcs project manager?

    We can. But as an example, a shift manager wants to schedule a task - Optimize MySQL on Shared server XX at YY time. Using Project Management, we will need to create a new project and task under it. Then assign all techs to that project and then any one of them can complete the task. Its too much for a simple task which can be handled by an internal ticket or to-do list.

    Thanked by 1VyprNetworks

    Leapswitch Networks - Affordable Managed and UnManaged VPS
    Pune/Mumbai, India - Asheville, USA - Lisbon, Portugal - Kiev, Ukraine - Barcelona, Spain - Frankfurt, Germany

  • cassacassa Member, Provider

    Just saw this on /r/SideProject: http://www.onupkeep.com/

    ik moet poepen

  • Not saying that you should switch to Kakayo, but they have wonderful team management integrated. You could get that + the WHMCS module?

  • +1 for Trello.

  • @doghouch said:
    Not saying that you should switch to Kakayo, but they have wonderful team management integrated. You could get that + the WHMCS module?

    Kakayo didn't do well when I tried it with whmcs maybe I just didn't explore the platform fully but it was a big headache for me it has good ratings though.

    Thanked by 1doghouch

    VyprNetworks Colocation - Business Colocation, Dedicated Hosting & Colocation Management

    Single Colocation from $45/mo | Dedicated Hosting from $55/mo | Dallas Colocation Management from $199/mo

  • @VyprNetworks said:

    @doghouch said:
    Not saying that you should switch to Kakayo, but they have wonderful team management integrated. You could get that + the WHMCS module?

    Kakayo didn't do well when I tried it with whmcs maybe I just didn't explore the platform fully but it was a big headache for me it has good ratings though.

    Well, it's a standalone product. It wasn't really designed to be integrated like that :p

    Thanked by 1VyprNetworks
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Provider
    edited April 2016

    Sounds like something similar to jira might be useful for you. Separate from whmcs

    Subnet Labs, LLC Contact Us Deploy to: Seattle, Dallas or NYC
    Impact VPS | Cloud Servers | Storage Servers | Impact Shared | Shared Hosting

  • "The quieter you become, the more you are able to listen" dgprasetya.com

  • Redmine would do the job :)

  • BharatBBharatB Member, Provider

    We use slack + Jira

    Readydedis, LLC - Managed Dedicated Servers

Sign In or Register to comment.