Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disk SMART - sector count vs event count
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disk SMART - sector count vs event count

NihimNihim Member
edited April 2016 in Help
ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAG     VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE      UPDATED  WHEN_FAILED RAW_VALUE
    5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   0x0033   089   089   010    Pre-fail  Always        -       110
  196 Reallocated_Event_Count 0x0032   252   252   000    Old_age   Always       -       0

I googled & read the smart page but I am still not getting it, so if anyone can chime in...

Sector count is how many bad sectors have been remapped to spare ones & event count should be how many remaps there have been - including remaps that never did happen after all.

So in the above how can it be that 110 bad sectors have been replaced with spare ones, while 0 events have been logged?

And yea I know the disk has to be replaced regardless :/

Thanks

Comments

• Some SMART readings will vary manufacturer to manufacturer.

There is the possibility that this manufacturer does not follow the standard for recording remaps.

What drive is this?

• ATHKATHK Member

I read that as Dick Smart..

• The disk might be waiting to be spun down then up again before changing this value?

• NihimNihim Member
    edited April 2016

@globalRegisters said:
    What drive is this?

Model Family: SAMSUNG SpinPoint M5
    Device Model: SAMSUNG HM160HI

@ATHK said:
    I read that as Dick Smart..

naughty

@linuxthefish said:
    The disk might be waiting to be spun down then up again before changing this value?

I am guessing I would need to remove it cause it's on a orange pi seeding my collection of private loonix ISOs so I doubt it will spin down.