Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problems bout DDoS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Problems bout DDoS

hyena56hyena56 Member

Hello,

I have a VPS on HostHatch running on VPN Servers some attackers get the ip and flood it with DDoS Attacks, and i create a ticket on HostHatch and they says that they don't have protection either they will refund me through my payment processor or through account balance but as i am from Asia i need a VPS in HK especially which is better latency in our country so i decide to just reactivate it even i will not receive a refund soon, is you guys know anything ddos protection via firewall or does dropping ICMP packets would help prevent it?

Regards,
Hyena

Comments

• Stop hosting what you are that is attracting DDOS, that will resolve your issue once and for all.

• @zafouhar said:
    Stop hosting what you are that is attracting DDOS, that will resolve your issue once and for all.

It's just a small vpn business bro.

• blackblack Member

Dropping ICMP does not stop ddos attacks since the 90's. I recommend you spread out your clients by using different VMs/IPs so it has less impact. Also, you can possibly find out who's getting DDoS'd and drop that client.

• hyena56hyena56 Member
    edited April 2016

@black said:
    Dropping ICMP does not stop ddos attacks since the 90's. I recommend you spread out your clients by using different VMs/IPs so it has less impact. Also, you can possibly find out who's getting DDoS'd and drop that client.

Thank you bro if icmp drop no work on 90's well i would now turn on my travel features and let's get back to 70's and start a VPN business on that year bro without any attacks.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

There's no one offering big DDOS protection in Asia. You might have some people doing a few Gbit but that's usually just them with some local ACL's on their own ports, nothing that's going to help much.

You're best bet is to pick up some filtering on the west coast of the USA.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    There's no one offering big DDOS protection in Asia. You might have some people doing a few Gbit but that's usually just them with some local ACL's on their own ports, nothing that's going to help much.

Francisco

Employ Don Francisco he will protect you.

@mafiadon said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

I always felt Don Dias was far cooler :P

Francisco

• @mafiadon said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Do i need to bring my ID?, Birth Certificate anyways if attack would come again then i'm forced to get a DDoS Protected VPS even not on asia.

@hyena56 said:

@mafiadon said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Do i need to bring my ID?, Birth Certificate anyways if attack would come again then i'm forced to get a DDoS Protected VPS even not on asia.

Are you going to signup with a first name of 'A', and an address of 'fuck you st' ?

Aldryic's reasonable assuming you aren't being a bone head. He's been relaxing things a lot lately as well.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@hyena56 said:

@mafiadon said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Are you going to signup with a first name of 'A', and an address of 'fuck you st' ?

Aldryic's reasonable assuming you aren't being a bone head. He's been relaxing things a lot lately as well.

Francisco

What about 123 fake st?

Thanked by 2Francisco cassa
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

We do HK based servers with large DDoS mitigation . But the mitigation is done in Europe, so during an attack latency outside of HK can be expected to rise. But there are no reasonably priced DDoS mitigation services in Asia given bandwidth costs are ridiculous. Max on offer is like 1 - 3 Gbit. China Telecom include 10Gbit on our line but it only routes to/from China so not a full mitigation service. And their bandwidth cost a fortune!

• just get a ddos mitigated vps :D

• mafiadon said: What about 123 fake st?

45 Minutsa Way

• @mafiadon said:

@Francisco said:

@hyena56 said:

@mafiadon said:

@Francisco said:

Francisco

Francisco

What about 123 fake st?

That address exists it seems https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zXJYNLgDIKHw.kl2hkHgzXYPk&hl=en_US