Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buyvm new special kvm vps, big ram , ssd, bandwith
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

buyvm new special kvm vps, big ram , ssd, bandwith

gongyigongyi Member
edited April 2016 in General

i have got a news from buyvm.net,there are some special kvm offers.

Servers are located at Fiberhub in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Test Files: http://speedtest.lv.buyvm.net/
Test IPv4: 209.141.56.135
Test IPv6: 2605:6400:20:78::1

4GB RAM

1 dedicated CPU thread [E3-XXXX]

80GB SSD

KVM

$15.00/month

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1399

If you like ,buy me a beer
https://my.frantech.ca/aff.php?aff=534&pid=1399

8GB RAM

2 dedicated CPU threads [E3-XXXX]

160GB SSD

KVM

$30.00/month

https://my.frantech.ca/cart.php?a=add&pid=1400

If you like ,buy me a beer
https://my.frantech.ca/aff.php?aff=534&pid=1400

Comments

• gongyigongyi Member
    edited April 2016

windows server 2003 2008 2012 for free.

• creepcreep Member

very LEBish.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@creep said:
    very LEBish.

Hah.

I didn't want to do half cores to get into the LEB pricing.

@gongyi said:
    windows 2003 server 64bit for free

2008R2 & 2012R2 are also free.

Francisco

Thanked by 1GCat
  • are they hw raid ssd or sw?

@support123 said:
    are they hw raid ssd or sw?

SSD.

If the product is popular we'll introduce other levels scaled up to 32GB (a whole node). Pricing will scale the same based on 4GB 'blocks'.

Francisco

Thanked by 2Junkless yomero
  • Congratulations to Francisco !

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Looking for providing more stock of 128ovz in LV. VPS are very stable and the service is pretty good.

• What's the difference between your normal KVM service? Why this seems cheaper?

• RizRiz Member

@Francisco said:

@support123 said:
    are they hw raid ssd or sw?

SSD.

If the product is popular we'll introduce other levels scaled up to 32GB (a whole node). Pricing will scale the same based on 4GB 'blocks'.

Francisco

Just to confirm then, no raid SSD only? Speeds look great.

• hw raid ssd not possible at this price for sure.even vultr does not have them

• In before BuyVM-trolls start BuyVM-trolling.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • Interesting. If I understand correctly, this is like the "cloud" E3 offers from HVH, with less RAM, disk space and cores ?

Thanked by 1support123
  • @FredQc said:
    Interesting. If I understand correctly, this is like the "cloud" E3 offers from HVH, with less RAM, disk space and cores ?

Servers are located at Fiberhub in Las Vegas, Nevada
    so it is impossible from HVH !

• @gongyi said:

@FredQc said:
    Interesting. If I understand correctly, this is like the "cloud" E3 offers from HVH, with less RAM, disk space and cores ?

What's impossible ?

• @gongyi said:

@FredQc said:

He said the plans are similar to what HVH is offering, not saying it's from HVH.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

FredQc said: Interesting. If I understand correctly, this is like the "cloud" E3 offers from HVH, with less RAM, disk space and cores ?

No it's different - BuyVM is a good provider.

@Francisco are these specials or standing prices? I don't think I got the announcement email :-(

• @raindog308 said:

FredQc said: Interesting. If I understand correctly, this is like the "cloud" E3 offers from HVH, with less RAM, disk space and cores ?

@Ernie is a good provider too, the only downside is their Buffalo premium location.

Thanked by 1david_W
    edited April 2016

@jcaleb said:
    What's the difference between your normal KVM service? Why this seems cheaper?

If these plans become popular they'll replace the current KVM plans. We'll keep the 256 & 512's, but these will obviously take over anything north of that. The current KVM plans will stay fully managed where as these will become unmanaged.

@raindog308 said:

@Francisco are these specials or standing prices? I don't think I got the announcement email :-(

These are a very limited test bed. If it goes well (people are interested, product runs smooth, etc) then we'll put up a fair bit of stock in Vegas to start and then push it to other locations in time. We'll designate enough nodes to handle all current users wanting to migrate and assuming they fit within the diskspace limits we can move them over and adjust their pricing.

@FredQc said:

I dunno? I don't pay attention too much to what other providers are putting out. I've been ho-huming over how I wanted to do our KVM upgrades for about 4 months now and throwing a ton of money at E5's didn't come off that great. I really wanted a > 3Ghz dedicated core setup but doing that in E5's is very high power usage and needlessly expensive per processor.

EDIT - They sell a bit more IP's but given their whole ASN is an SBL away from the DROP list, I'll say my product is better value :)

No hate on Ernie, he's cool.

Francisco

Thanked by 2FredQc jcaleb
  • RizRiz Member

@Francisco - as I asked, just to confirm - are these on single SSD disks? (no raid)

@Riz said:
    @Francisco - as I asked, just to confirm - are these on single SSD disks? (no raid)

RAID1 Sammy's. Given the VM counts per node I saw no reason for RAID10.

Francisco

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Bring it to the EU.

Thanked by 1Mathias

That's the plan if there's interest :)

Francisco

• @Francisco How much bandwidth is included with these?

I'm digging the dedicated resource pricing, good price for 1/8th or 1/4 of a box with just a couple neighbours.

5TB per 4GB block, so the 8GB has 10TB and it scales up. :)

Francisco

Thanked by 1mike0000
  • HxxxHxxx Member

Wait but @Francisco you are saying the current kvm line which is the usual high pricey for premium, is managed or will become managed? I mean I have or had servers with you and never knew these were managed or anything like that. Will that be the only diff or in term of resources there will a diff , example: reserved resources vs shared resources? overselling vs not?

@Hxxx said:
    Wait but @Francisco you are saying the current kvm line which is the usual high pricey for premium, is managed or will become managed? I mean I have or had servers with you and never knew these were managed or anything like that. Will that be the only diff or in term of resources there will a diff , example: reserved resources vs shared resources? overselling vs not?

You got a lot of questions there so i'll try to get them all in point form:

• The old plans are managed, the new plans are unmanaged
    • The old plans will include nightly backups and snapshots, the new ones will include those for $3.00 - $5.00/month most likely
    • The old plans are more or less dedicated resources, the new plans are fully by design
    • The old plans are still SATA, the new plans are pure SSD

Users on our 1GB+ plans will be able to move to these new plans if we go big scale with it and either go up in price and get way more resources, or go down a few bucks and probably lose a tiny bit of disk space, management, and backup/snapshots whenever I get those coded.

The reason these plans are coming about is because I couldn't get to a good compromise on price vs upgrades when it came to E5's for all plans. I really didn't want to be doing 2Ghz cores anymore, we have our share of people that want higher clocked cores and while I've never been a huge fan of E3's, I think i've been able to come up with a product line that will hopefully interest people.

256MB & 512MB's aren't getting new processors at this time and SSD's will be somewhat out, but if you're on either of those and want to be moved into one of these new plans that can be arranged.

If you PM me and let me know what you currently have I can let you know what's doable.

Francisco

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited April 2016

gongyi said: 1 dedicated CPU thread [E3-XXXX]

Treads are not like cores. This offer is half core only.
    Intel 1 core handels 2 treads

@ad0 said:

gongyi said: 1 dedicated CPU thread [E3-XXXX]

Treads are not like cores. This offer is half core only.
    Intel 1 core handels 2 treads

He said thread?

It's still a ton of CPU considering most places running E3's have heavy handed suspending policies.

And if that isn't OK, then $30.00/month gets you 2 full threads to yourself, SSD's, RAID, and 8GB RAM :)

Francisco

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

gongyi said: i have got a news from buyvm.net

Where? Did I miss an email?

Anyway, purchased the 8GB one. I need dedicated CPU + SSD for a certain non-production task.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2016

If these plans become popular they'll replace the current KVM plans. We'll keep the 256 & 512's, but these will obviously take over anything north of that. The current KVM plans will stay fully managed where as these will become unmanaged.

This will be the new pricing scheme if ever, or just introductory price? More RAM for the price?

EDIT: Please ignore my question, it has been answered above