Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Might have a customer to transfer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Might have a customer to transfer

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

Heya,
I have a very loyal customer who has used my services for quite some time however often has latency problems as him and his visitors are mainly in the US and I only offer EU vps. He never blamed it on me though and always mentioned how happy he was. Anyway, I really think that he will do better with an US host so without asking him I just was gonna look at some quotes from you guys. Maybe someone can take him over and give him a new home :) Most of his traffic comes from Eastcoast so thats probably the perfect location if possible. He currently uses 2vCores,4gb ram , OVH anti ddos and running with ovz with unmetered bw @1Gbit/s however his avg. traffic is > 1TB.

So yeah, any quotes?

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2016

You could switch to OVH Canada - the peering to Buffalo is pretty decent. It really depends on how much disk space you need and IPs ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @doghouch said:
    You could switch to OVH Canada - the peering to Buffalo is pretty decent. Well, it really depends on how much disk space you need and IPs ;)

Well i have thought about getting ovh canada dedi but first gonna deploy another france :D

IP: 1
    Disk: 40gb? (He uses 20 atm so some buffer)

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • BradyHBradyH Member, Host Rep

We have a 1 gb kvm vps with promo right now for 40 bucks a year promo code kvm40y

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Reselling one of their VPS directly would really be a smart choice instead of getting a dedicated server, but I have no clue what type of services you offer anyways. If you want something on OVH's game mitigation (not their regular) send me a message and I can give you a discount for something custom.

Thanked by 2Ympker FlamesRunner
  • @EVM_Mike said:
    Reselling one of their VPS directly would really be a smart choice instead of getting a dedicated server, but I have no clue what type of services you offer anyways. If you want something on OVH's game mitigation (not their regular) send me a message and I can give you a discount for something custom.

Haha didnt cross my mind but thats a good idea :) dont need game anti ddos regular ovh anti ddos should be fine :P

@CenTexHosting will check it out!!

• @EVM_Mike said:

I might be interested, what would I get for around $30/year?

• Does he affect other clients on a node? because I would have to know exactly what he is doing to know what to offer him....also is his name kytro on let or david silvia on your documents because if that is him I'll pass he owes money to cubedata and really did affect other people on the node with whatever he was doing(as for example the port was 1gigabit but he completely saturated that port making it impossible for anyone else to use that port on the node.)

• @timnboys said:
    Does he affect other clients on a node? because I would have to know exactly what he is doing to know what to offer him....also is his name kytro on let or david silvia on your documents because if that is him I'll pass he owes money to cubedata and really did affect other people on the node with whatever he was doing(as for example the port was 1gigabit but he completely saturated that port making it impossible for anyone else to use that port on the node.)

Ew, CubeData. The support agents there speak the level of English of a first-grader.

• @doghouch said:

@timnboys said:
    Does he affect other clients on a node? because I would have to know exactly what he is doing to know what to offer him....also is his name kytro on let or david silvia on your documents because if that is him I'll pass he owes money to cubedata and really did affect other people on the node with whatever he was doing(as for example the port was 1gigabit but he completely saturated that port making it impossible for anyone else to use that port on the node.)

Ew, CubeData. The support agents there speak the level of English of a first-grader.

really we hired better support agents.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • @Ympker pm'ed :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Thanks for all the offers guys :) just decided to put my next eu dedi in queue and going for an ovh canada now so Im good. Thanks for the help though!
    Thanks @EVM_Mike for the tip haha! Totally forgor bout that

Thanked by 1MikeA