Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DDoS Protected VPS in France (OVH preferably), low budget.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DDoS Protected VPS in France (OVH preferably), low budget.

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Hi folks,

Need a VPS for $3 max per month, any idea? Must be in OVH DDoS Protection.
Asking for Voxility for the same price, seems like impossible, IIRC?

Thank you

Cheers!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

then buy from OVH?

Thanked by 2Geekoine doghouch
  • Go direct from OVH if you want the best quality and stability.

https://dedistation.com/billing/order.php?step=1&productGroup=4&product=15 for UK voxility if you are on a budget.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • ClouduruClouduru Member
    edited April 2016

What specifications are you looking for? And what are you going to host?

• @MrGeneral said:
    Hi folks,

Need a VPS for $3 max per month, any idea? Must be in OVH DDoS Protection.
    Asking for Voxility for the same price, seems like impossible, IIRC?

Thank you

Cheers!

El Cheapo is back! heh :)

• AmitzAmitz Member

So the extra EUR 0,49 per month that the VPS costs directly from OVH kills it for you? Really?

• @Amitz said:
    So the extra EUR 0,49 per month that the VPS costs directly from OVH kills it for you? Really?

Its Mr. El Cheapo

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @zafouhar said:

No, it's "The Real Mr. El Cheapo" :)

Thanked by 2zafouhar MikePT
  • PacManPacMan Member
    edited April 2016

There's actually a 30% off VPS deal (code: VPS30GO) from OVH going on if you're willing to buy with a minimum 6 month term. So it ends up being below your $3 per month budget.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • To be fair going directly with OVH might be a pain in the a$$ for many, due to OVH's notorious procedures and support. So i can see why someone might want to go with a customer of OVH, instead of OVH directly.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

rds100 said: To be fair going directly with OVH might be a pain in the a$$ for many, due to OVH's notorious procedures and support. So i can see why someone might want to go with a customer of OVH, instead of OVH directly.

Fair enough but I always laugh about this...actually, I laugh about any host on OVH. A provider can't give me great support when the support they're getting from OVH is awful.

Thanked by 1ratherbak3d
  • @raindog308 but you can go on provider's website, order a VPS, pay and have it up and running in a few minutes. As opposed to sending documents to OVH, possibly several times, and hoping that someone finally decides to look at them... after a week.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2016

@raindog308 said:

Really? OVH is actually pretty good in Canada, apart from the fact that you have to speak French once in a while because they don't understand. Their payment system isn't THAT great, but hasn't caused any issues yet; I've been an OVH customer for like 2.5 years now and I'm a happy camper :)

Thanked by 3MikePT sin mike0000
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@linuxthefish said:
    Go direct from OVH if you want the best quality and stability.

https://dedistation.com/billing/order.php?step=1&productGroup=4&product=15 for UK voxility if you are on a budget.

Great, will check, thank you! :)

@Clouduru said:
    What specifications are you looking for? And what are you going to host?

1GB RAM is fine, 10GB HDD.

@Amitz said:

Already own 3 VPS from OVH directly, but yeah, that's correct. Might do it.

@doghouch said:

Yeeees, The Real Mr. El Cheapo! :P

@PacMan said:
    There's actually a 30% off VPS deal (code: VPS30GO) from OVH going on if you're willing to buy with a minimum 6 month term. So it ends up being below your $3 per month budget.

Sounds great, thanks mate!

@rds100 said:
    To be fair going directly with OVH might be a pain in the a$$ for many, due to OVH's notorious procedures and support. So i can see why someone might want to go with a customer of OVH, instead of OVH directly.

TBH that's one of the issues, yes :P.

• In Romanian 250Gbps by Voxility is ok ?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I've got an ovz host on their SSD Game server range if your interested.

• if you want to get a vps on ovh I got a ovh france dedi I could put you on but not for $3/month due to paypal would eat that up and leave me with barely nothing.
    unless of course you want to pay via stripe which hopefully won't eat me up with fee's or bitcoin?

• @timnboys said:
    if you want to get a vps on ovh I got a ovh france dedi I could put you on but not for $3/month due to paypal would eat that up and leave me with barely nothing.
    unless of course you want to pay via stripe which hopefully won't eat me up with fee's or bitcoin?
    @timnboys said:
    if you want to get a vps on ovh I got a ovh france dedi I could put you on but not for $3/month due to paypal would eat that up and leave me with barely nothing.
    @timnboys said:

Stripe has fees similar to paypal. At most a few cents difference when you're talking about fees this low.

You're looking at roughly 30 cents in fees.. No matter what merchant you use you'll earn at most 30 more cents monthly...