Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any opinions on UpCloud.com?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any opinions on UpCloud.com?

pocopicopocopico Member
edited April 2016 in Providers

Hi all,

We're a small to mid-sized company looking for a new VPS provider to host our app. Features we're interested in:
- Reliability (node, storage & network redundancy)
- Good network throughput
- Good CPU speed.
- Ability to scale-up in the future without disruption

From my research to this point, I've limited the choices to the following (in order of preference based on features):
- UpCloud
- Linode (a very close 2nd)
- Vultr (like their performance & features, not sure about storage redundancy)
- Digital Ocean

My questions are:

1) I've found many user reviews for Linode, Vultr and Digital Ocean, but can't find many reviews on UpCloud. I really like what they offer, but would like more customer experience feedback. Any opinions/experiences with UpCloud.com?

2) Can anyone comment on Vultr reliability? UpCloud and Linode offer very strong SLA guarantees. Though with Vultr there's not much info about storage redundancy (only 100% Host Node & Network Uptime).

3) If not sure about a provider's SLA guarantee, is using 2 VPS nodes with DRBD a viable option? Has anyone used DRBD with two VMs?

Thanks in advance for any info.