Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Want a proxy or vpn to change my ip for xbox one online gta 5 gaming
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Want a proxy or vpn to change my ip for xbox one online gta 5 gaming

Hey hi all today i checked that changing your ip via vpn makes gta 5 online run more good so i checked my ip from this website

www.seeipnow.com (Simple And nice website for checking ip )

it gives me x.x.x.x from my country ip

I wanna change it to y.y.y.y usa ip so my gta 5 online run good.

Can you suggest which vpn has low ping for best online gaming experience.

Comments

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member
      edited April 2016

Ping depends on your location, that of your host, and the destination server (Routing). It is subjective, as the results for 'best ping' will vary for every one.

Most osting companies provide test IPs and have 'looking glass' installed. So, you can test them and get something that works for you.

• @K4Y5 said:
      Ping depends on your location, that of your host, and the destination server (Routing). It is subjective, as the results for 'best ping' will vary for every one.

Most osting companies provide test IPs and have 'looking glass' installed. So, you can test them and get something that works for you.

Thanks for you information brother , but can you tell me best vpn in town so that i can go and buy straight away.

• There isn't a best vpn for everything it depends on your location too.

Typical guy alexneo.net

Peering AS135103

• K4Y5K4Y5 Member

@fehuyapene said:
      Thanks for you information brother , but can you tell me best vpn in town so that i can go and buy straight away.

Again, that'd depend on your location and that of the game servers. Just get a cheap VPS from any of the top providers and install openvpn.

• @K4Y5 said:
      Again, that'd depend on your location and that of the game servers. Just get a cheap VPS from any of the top providers and install openvpn.

Installing a vpn is a far big job for me bro , even i dont know simple Linux commands , just need a vpn , and gta 5 have buggy servers all know,

• @K4Y5 give a try to ibVPN. You can use the 6 hours free trial to see how it works. There are about 20 US servers that you can test / use.

• @giddeon said:
      K4Y5 give a try to ibVPN. You can use the 6 hours free trial to see how it works. There are about 20 US servers that you can test / use.

Ok bro ill do that for sure , and just installed it now :) .

• RizRiz Member

You'll need to connect at a router level as I don't think Xbox supports VPN OOB.

• @Riz that is right.

You need to set up the VPN on your router. See https://www.ibvpn.com/billing/knowledgebase/27/DD-WRT-routers-PPTP-VPN-setup.html or here https://www.ibvpn.com/billing/knowledgebase/36/DD-WRT-routers-OpenVPN-setup.html if your router has DD-WRT.

If you are using a different router see https://www.ibvpn.com/help-center/setup/

I hope it helps.

• Why would a VPN improve gaming performance? Any information regarding this?

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Provider

@Clouduru said:
      Why would a VPN improve gaming performance? Any information regarding this?

While I play GTA V Online on a daily basis, and agree that sometimes the servers are shit, I don't see how a VPN would help. If there is some proof it does, I could easy try that since I play on PC, but I'm very skeptical - in fact I thin it would be worse due to higher latency and less throughout at the VPN provider.

• @shovenose said:
      While I play GTA V Online on a daily basis, and agree that sometimes the servers are shit, I don't see how a VPN would help. If there is some proof it does, I could easy try that since I play on PC, but I'm very skeptical - in fact I thin it would be worse due to higher latency and less throughout at the VPN provider.

Yes its true when you use vpn the ping to server remain constant and it does not disconnect thats why gta wont diss,while in normal connection its kips on diss all the time cant remain in a single server for more than 10 min , but today i used vpn and stayed more than 1 hour , and use usa server because the rock star use CDN to power servers there in usa most of the time and you will get constant connection.

• @giddeon said:
      Riz that is right.

You need to set up the VPN on your router. See https://www.ibvpn.com/billing/knowledgebase/27/DD-WRT-routers-PPTP-VPN-setup.html or here https://www.ibvpn.com/billing/knowledgebase/36/DD-WRT-routers-OpenVPN-setup.html if your router has DD-WRT.

If you are using a different router see https://www.ibvpn.com/help-center/setup/

I hope it helps.

Thanks bro this really helps.

• @Clouduru said:
      Why would a VPN improve gaming performance? Any information regarding this?

This really improves check it.

• @fehuyapene said:
      Yes its true when you use vpn the ping to server remain constant and it does not disconnect thats why gta wont diss,while in normal connection its kips on diss all the time cant remain in a single server for more than 10 min , but today i used vpn and stayed more than 1 hour , and use usa server because the rock star use CDN to power servers there in usa most of the time and you will get constant connection.

You can't use CDN for game stuff, it's dynamic and nothing a CDN can do.

• @TheOnlyDK said:
      You can't use CDN for game stuff, it's dynamic and nothing a CDN can do.

When i said i wanna use CDN , i said rockstar use CDN to power game pings.

• @fehuyapene said:
      When i said i wanna use CDN , i said rockstar use CDN to power game pings.

That's not possible. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network

• You can actually check this link they have there own CDN

http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com

• Read up what a CDN is even if the url has cdn in it does not mean its a CDN.

Typical guy alexneo.net

Peering AS135103

• I dont want to give you a lesson on what a CDN is and what it does, but it's not what you think it does. CDN only servers static content.

• You can actually check this link they have there own CDN

http://cdn.sc.rockstargames.com>; @TheOnlyDK said:

I dont want to give you a lesson on what a CDN is and what it does, but it's not what you think it does. CDN only servers static content.

It can do dynamic also check this.
      https://aws.amazon.com/cloudfront/dynamic-content/

• @masterqqq said:
      Read up what a CDN is even if the url has cdn in it does not mean its a CDN.

Its just a example as its use cdn

• fehuyapenefehuyapene Member
      edited April 2016

Hey my thing running awesome i used ibvpn but that kinda slow so i needed a dedicated vpn , i have heard of wavevpn so i gon and brought it and thats giving awesome speed and low pings because its dedicated vpn ..

Here is the link if you guys wanna thats freaking awesome they support all ports and Unlimited Bandwidth

http://wavefog.com/vpn/index.php?/cart/dedicated-vpn-service/

For me wavevpn is best..

• Great, another advertisement hidden as a question.

@jarland

sigh

Thanked by 1netomx

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
      Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:
      Great, another advertisement hidden as a question.

jarland

sigh

What advertisement ?? me here not to advertise as i have used ibvpn first what u wanna say.

edited April 2016

@teamacc said:

jarland

sigh

As much as I'd love to agree it doesn't look to be an affiliate link.

Edit: holy shit its $200!!

edited April 2016

@shovenose said:

@teamacc said:

jarland

sigh

As much as I'd love to agree it doesn't look to be an affiliate link.

Edit: holy shit its $200!!

its not a affiliate its 200 usd dedicated server me getting awesome speed now and xbox working fine good for me 200 USD not a big deal for a year , its just 16.66 USD per month for dedicated is awesome , so all good in hood.

• netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

Yup, "hidden" advertisement

@fehuyapene Add me on GTA Social Club... username is the same as here. Let's see if you're a real person :D

edited April 2016

@shovenose said:
      @fehuyapene Add me on GTA Social Club... username is the same as here. Let's see if you're a real person :D

Adding you there as shovenose

edited April 2016

@shovenose said:

got you added

• @fehuyapene said:

@shovenose said:

Cant find you there as this username

I think you searched for your own name.

I didn't get any email for friend request...

• RizRiz Member

@shovenose said:

Sounds like an advertisement. There wasn't any further discussion about running the VPN at L3 which is essential if this is truly his goal.

@Riz said:

@shovenose said:

Sounds like an advertisement. There wasn't any further discussion about running the VPN at L3 which is essential if this is truly his goal.

Yeah clever spammer hopefully @jarland will ban him and remove link to VPN.

• @shovenose said:

@Riz said:

@shovenose said:

I try added but i dont wanna show my gamer tag to you or anyone so its my private i cant add you or any , if i was a spammer i can create a social club account and add you like fake but i dont, i have my own and its for me and my friends only ,

• @shovenose said:

@Riz said:

@shovenose said:

Here are you but i dont wanna add you 4 sure.Because i dont know you.

• RizRiz Member

@fehuyapene can you please tell us how you got GTA connected to the VPN?

• @Riz said:

Yes from my laptop i connected VPN and share it via LAN cable to my xbox ,

• Remember share Tap Adapter to lan cable do not share your original internet source.
    • @fehuyapene said:

@Riz said:

Yes from my laptop i connected VPN and share it via LAN cable to my xbox ,

• Remember share Tap Adapter to lan cable do not share your original internet source.

If you wanna i can make a video tutorial 4 you bro.

• samsamsamsam Member
      edited January 2018

dicks.