Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letsencrypt is out of beta
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Letsencrypt is out of beta

Comments

• dailydaily Member
    edited April 2016

Amazing they have such large companies as sponsors on 3-year contracts and still have the balls to ask for donations. Love LetsEncrypt, by the way.

• Hopefully they can remove the low rate limit for subdomain creation now.

• smansman Member
    edited April 2016

• NekkiNekki Veteran

'Letsencrypt is out of basement'?

• Nekki said: 'Letsencrypt is out of basement'?

Mom will be relieved.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2016

dailymc said: Amazing they have such large companies as sponsors on 3-year contracts

...and still can't provide proper 2-3 year cert expiration terms, which good SSL providers such as WoSign provide on their free certs.

(No I am not bothering with any of their crappily thrown together "automation" b/s)

• smansman Member
    edited April 2016

@rm_ said:
    (No I am not bothering with any of their crappily thrown together "automation" b/s)

Yea totally!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Wow, my aunt literally lives a few blocks away from letsencrypt. York street San Francisco :)

• @rm_ said:

While the official client is a tad heavy, and during the beta it even broke during an update, some of the unofficial clients are quite nice. Even a simple shell script can use their API: https://github.com/lukas2511/letsencrypt.sh

Thanked by 3info_hash netomx yomero
  • smansman Member
    edited April 2016

Most people just set it up as a cron job that runs once a month. There are quite a few how to's around now.

If you use Solus, they have made it ridiculously simple. Just install 2 RPMS from yum which does it all for you. There will probably be more of that with other applications.

Would be nice if someone came out with a generic Apache RPM.
    yum install httpd-letsencrypt

• MadMad Member

It's a great news and it represents a revolutionary change.

• Looking good, integration with Solus works a charm too touches wood