Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildcard Cert - not wosign, letsencrypt
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wildcard Cert - not wosign, letsencrypt

NihimNihim Member

Basically is there any better offer than https://ssl2buy.com/alphassl-wildcard.php?

Traffic used to offer a $15 alphassl wildcard, anyone can do the same?

ps. also not vmbox since it would be against their rules to use it on a non vmbox machine.

Comments

• Traffic's cert is the same as vmbox's, both from singlehop. Note, they just say that they won't offer it to you if you don't have a server with them in one of the two singlehop locations. You can use the cert wherever and however you want, but you risk the certs being revoked by globalsign/singlehop if it's not used on their server, that being said they probably don't care anyways. If you are willing to take the risks, there's nothing preventing you from doing so, these certs allow unlimited servers.

• FiddeFidde Member

Yeah, shoot me a PM with your CSR and setup [email protected] and I'll give you a cert for free :) Better than that it doesn't get :)

There was a huge revocation process last year, in september iirc but the certs I've issued immediately after have not been revoked.

Thanked by 2Nihim Noerman
  • offer's for everyone?

@Fidde said:
    Yeah, shoot me a PM with your CSR and setup [email protected] and I'll give you a cert for free :) Better than that it doesn't get :)

• NihimNihim Member

@Fidde said:

There was a huge revocation process last year, in september iirc but the certs I've issued immediately after have not been revoked.

Indeed it doesn't get any better than that :D Thank you. Yea if I remember correctly even from those revoked most got re-issued.

• FiddeFidde Member

@century1stop said:
    offer's for everyone?

Yes, sure :)
    Remember, its free = no guarantees = not for use in production unless you've got a backup-cert ready if it gets revoked :)

Send me a CSR and setup any of the emails I posted in my first post and I'll fix your certs when I get home from work ~17-17:30 CEST :)

Thanked by 2century1stop Noerman
  • hey, don't you have paid ones?

@Fidde said:
    Send me a CSR and setup any of the emails I posted in my first post and I'll fix your certs when I get home from work ~17-17:30 CEST :)

• FiddeFidde Member

Everyone that PM'd with a CSR me have a verification email from AlphaSSL/Globalsign waiting for them :)

@century1stop said:
    hey, don't you have paid ones?

What do you mean? :)
    I pay a monthly fee for "unlimited"-SSLs, these sell for ~$42+/y if you buy them yourself :)

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2016

oh you are ssl2buy? :D
    EDIT I was thinking of buying from you instead at LET rate :D

@Fidde said:
    Everyone that PM'd with a CSR me have a verification email from AlphaSSL/Globalsign waiting for them :)

I pay a monthly fee for "unlimited"-SSLs, these sell for ~$42+/y if you buy them yourself :)

• @Fiddie is a nice guy, did a cert for me last year for free. Never used on SH servers, still working fine.

• NihimNihim Member
    edited April 2016

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Fiddie is a nice guy, did a cert for me last year for free. Never used on SH servers, still working fine.

Yes he is, isn't he? :)

Also dunno but maybe ::lock:: ?

• FiddeFidde Member
    edited April 2016

@century1stop said:
    oh you are ssl2buy? :D
    EDIT I was thinking of buying from you instead at LET rate :D

I'm not ssl2buy ;) If you want to buy certs, I've got a reseller account with GoGetSSL, but their prices are cheaper from their website directly than using a reseller account ^^

@Nihim said:
    Yes he is, isn't he? :)

@TheOnlyDK said:
    Fiddie is a nice guy, did a cert for me last year for free. Never used on SH servers, still working fine.

Thanks :) Yep, seems like some certs that shouldn't been revoked was also revoked and I hope they don't want to risk that happening again :P

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited April 2016

oh, you don't sell 'em, is "unlimited" certs expensive? maybe work a deal with you :D

@Fidde said:
    Thanks :) Yep, seems like some certs that shouldn't been revoked was also revoked and I hope they don't want to risk that happening again :P

• Step aside wosign.. I use Fidde Wildcard Cert now.

Thanked by 1theroyalstudent
  • @Noerman said:
    Step aside wosign.. I use Fidde Wildcard Cert now.

Three Fidde?

• @user123 said:
    Three Fidde?

How do you know about Three Fidde?
    I do really curious.

• @Noerman said:

Reddit, my friend. Reddit.

• @user123 said:
    Reddit, my friend. Reddit.

Oh sorry.

It because I got 3 SSL from Fidde.

• NihimNihim Member