Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

community reviews
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

community reviews

96mb96mb Member
edited February 2013 in General

First, I just want to say thank you to @jcaleb for contributing to 96MB with his review, really appreciate that and you guys could enjoy the review here:

http://www.96mb.com/96mb-low-end-vps-community-member-review-part-1-prometeus-openvz-ssd/

And secondly, if the community approves such, I would be more than happy to post some community member reviews, so if any of the reputable members prefer, you can send me your reviews. In order to keep the integrity and honesty of the review, I kindly ask providers and new members not to send me any review.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Very nice and professional review. He is probably good at documenting his code :)

Good work

• prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

@jcaleb thanks again man :-)

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited February 2013

Welcome @prometeus @96mb thank you too for being awesome!

@bobby said: Very nice and professional review. He is probably good at documenting his code :)

When reading 96mb I was wondering why he takes so much time in between posts. I thought it just took 2hours max for each review. When I tried to write this one, I was able to understand why his frequency now is low. It's not easy with all formatting and screenshots, and also formulating some opinions =)

• @jcaleb said: When reading 96mb I was wondering why he takes so much time in between posts. I thought it just took 2hours max for each review. When I tried to write this one, I was able to understand why his frequency now is low. It's not easy with all formatting and screenshots, and also formulating some opinions =)

It's great to see people still post positive reviews! Most the time the only "reviews" we see are from people when they're in a panic.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@NickO said: from people when they're in a panic.

Even worse, when they want to get even or follow some agenda against competition...

• Uncle is such a good person, than even when there are some minor hicups (e.g. posted on prometeus forum), i cant see anyone complains or say something negative.

• @Liam said: I have messaged you... Nice review though @jcaleb.

Thanks! I haven't received message, or is it 96mb?

• I want to do a review on @DewlanceVPS

Fantastic services for such a low price!

• @Jack said: Have you been drinking?

I followed an old advice from @William

• @Jack said: Wouldn't do that, you'll end up getting raided ;)

Yea i can entirely testify that following advice made by me is not really a good choice :)

• @Jack said: Wouldn't do that, you'll end up getting raided ;)

It wasn't Tor, silly

• @jcaleb said: I thought it just took 2hours max for each review. When I tried to write this one, I was able to understand why his frequency now is low. It's not easy with all formatting and screenshots, and also formulating some opinions =)

Thanks for your understanding and really really sorry for those providers who have been waiting for months to be featured on @96mb.

@NickO said: Most the time the only "reviews" we see are from people when they're in a panic.

That is one of the reasons why 96MB exists, I do not "choose" only the good providers or only the bad ones, and sometimes providers requested me to review their services and they ended up being unhappy with that I write (even sometimes reacted in a very immature manner), however I think most of the providers have taken my constructive criticisms as a way to impress their services and if in case I have done something wrong, they are quickly to point things out and I will fix them on the post. Personally, my idea of a review is to put up as many objective information as I can, together with some subjective comments about the objective facts, and hopefully it will help readers to decide what they want.

@jcaleb said: Thanks! I haven't received message, or is it 96mb?

I did get a message from @Liam, so I assume it is for me?

@BronzeByte said: I want to do a review on @DewlanceVPS

I am afraid of a DMCA if I don't write enough positive comments.... /joking

• 96mb96mb Member

Yet another review done by @jcaleb, this time it is @jarland and his CatalystHost!

http://www.96mb.com/96mb-low-end-vps-community-member-review-part-2-catalystvps-openvz/

Thanks to @jcaleb for providing the detailed review and thanks to @jarland for providing the great service!

• Thats a very good review and some very patient and friendly support from CatalystHost

• Thanks 96mb! Doing review is really relaxing =)

• 96mb96mb Member

@ShardHost said: very patient and friendly support from CatalystHost

Indeed, I have never really thought of the idea of thoroughly check out the support of a VPS provider, so @jcaleb 's idea is definitely very refreshing!

• @96mb said: Indeed, I have never really thought of the idea of thoroughly check out the support of a VPS provider, so @jcaleb 's idea is definitely very refreshing!

Just wanted to know if what they are bragging is BS or not. I really wanted to be annoying, asking so much help and favors, but I really can't because I was very satisfied with their first few answers.

• vedranvedran Veteran

The longest one is 12 minutes, if I’m not mistaken. But my 9th ticket took 1 hour and 12 minutes, as I luckily caught their sweet spot as mentioned here.

"here" doesn't have href

Great review, I love the support part. I'm very impressed with their replies, I'd send you to google after your second ticket

• @vedran said: Great review, I love the support part. I'm very impressed with their replies, I'd send you to google after your second ticket

It's this one: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8726/us-tx-openvz-catalyst-host-1gb-on-sale-for-7m#Item_23

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Thanks @jcaleb and @96mb! I'm happy that you were pleased with the support. I appreciate your review, especially the clear points on how you'd like to see us improve. Hope to continue to exceed expectations :)

• Thanks @jcaleb and @96mb! You guys are awesome! Let us know how we can improve in any way we can!