Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So has anyone used VPNunlimitedapp?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So has anyone used VPNunlimitedapp?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2016 in General

Hello,
I am very happy with my current vpn provider but now I found a deal which obviously seems a bit too good to be true.
VPNunlimitedapp offers 39$ lifetimesubscribtion on stacksocial. Very tempted to grab this but then again I have heard while their performance apparently is good support is non existent.
So does anyone have any experience with them? I have never needed vpn support with my current provider and cant imagine really needing a support for vpn services but anyway it does sound a bit fishy. Any reviews on theit services? Android App is rated 4/5

https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpn-unlimited-lifetime-subscription

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2016

Why not just get a $4/year NAT server and setup OpenVPN there?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

It works great for me. I've used it off and on for over a year, never had a complaint.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited April 2016

@jarland said:
    It works great for me. I've used it off and on for over a year, never had a complaint.

I don't really like StackSocial though. They're using CloudFlare's Free SSL and I don't want to toss my details at it :P

@doghouch said:
    I don't really like StackSocial though. They're using CloudFlare's Free SSL and I don't want to toss my details at it :P

I've ordered a fair amount there, never had any concerns. I pay via PayPal though, and sign in via Facebook, so I might be giving them things of less value than I might give to others.

Thanked by 2doghouch Ympker
  • @jarland said:

Does stacksocial or the vpn provider work great for you? :)

@Ympker said:
    Does stacksocial or the vpn provider work great for you? :)

Both :)

They're not the only VPN I use, obviously, but I have used vpnunlimited many times.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jarland said:
    They're not the only VPN I use, obviously, but I have used vpnunlimited many times.

Great thanks :)

• Does the VPNunlimited native supporting OpenVPN protocol or must you use their app for connecting to their VPN servers?
    I am interested in their offer, but I would like to use native Linux's OpenVPN client. :)

• @Hosted said:
    Does the VPNunlimited native supporting OpenVPN protocol or must you use their app for connecting to their VPN servers?
    I am interested in their offer, but I would like to use native Linux's OpenVPN client. :)

I think you can use both. I now also got feedback about their encryption level:

VPN Unlimited uses unique technology that incorporates several powerful encryption methods. We keep our software up-to-date to be secure against new vulnerabilities. The most secure encryption algorithm for iOS and Mac OS X built-in IPSec – AES-128.
    Users of Linux and MS Windows are protected with AES-256 (SHA1) and OpenVPN protocol.