Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArubaCloud worth the hoops for non-french customers ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ArubaCloud worth the hoops for non-french customers ?

loydloyd Member
edited April 2016 in General

Topped the account with few euros to try out, was supposed to get text message with password, but nothing. I am on Windmobile, Canada, phone works fine and number was in format they expected.

Opening ticket through wesbite technical support, loading few minutes, then fails. Console:

VM2837 Default.aspx:1175 Uncaught ReferenceError: Sys is not defined(anonymous function) @ VM2837 Default.aspx:1175
VM2836 Default.aspx:1195 GET http://assistance.arubacloud.com/ChatScript.ashx?id=LiveChat1&config=0&relative=1 net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
Default.aspx:1160 POST http://assistance.arubacloud.com/Main/Default.aspx net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET__doPostBack @ Default.aspx:1160(anonymous function) @ (program):1
VM2836 Default.aspx:1 GET http://assistance.arubacloud.com/images/Customer/bar_bg.png 404 (Not Found)

Finally got through by replying to one of the emails they flooded me with, so it opened automated ticket. Weblink to see ticket is mix of english/french. Most recent news Friday, July 17, 2015 Attaque DDoS vers DC1

ArubaCloud.fr does not suffer from problems seen on their international site, which seems abandoned. I am not filled with confiance

Comments

• tried calling them ? guess what i am not even in europe but got the msg so sucks to be in your position.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Same issue, Box in FR at Online, ends in 404.

• I don't remember receiving anything on my phone when I signed up. I had to wait a couple of days for it to be activated though.

• loydloyd Member
    edited April 2016

When I replied to "welcome email" they replied back and reset my password over email without any explanation why text message did not arrive.

Interface is pretty and feature packed though sluggish, poorly designed and quirky. Some features require their own "account" - control panel account is different from client area, cloud backup has their own, etc. Dashboard does not contain summary of all datacenters and when moving between tabs it defaults to DC1 even if working on another DC before.

I noticed Windows 2008/2012 for E 6.50/m (on medium 2G RAM, 40G HDD VPS), good price.

They also offer Cloud Pro, which is hourly billed (E 11.52/m +) with option for HyperV / VMWare.

For my test ride I created small (1G/20G) Linux VPS in CZ, CPU is Xeon E5-2650 v3 2.3GHz, I/O speed is around 700MB/s, download 100MB from cachefly is 10-45MB/s, upload 100MB is 25-30MB/s although this may be limited by my dedibox I tested with.

Conclusion

Expect to pay 20% tax. Hardware is great value. Support to critical issue took 2hrs+ to respond during business hours, this is still five star compared to kangaroo companies like former ChicagoVPS.