Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Be-careful with users in cloudstack/Iwstack
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Be-careful with users in cloudstack/Iwstack

So prometeus set your account up in cloudstack as a domain and as such you can create sub users which you can set limits for.etc

I had a subuser for one of My VM's so I could allow someone else access to restart it.etc if it crashed, I wanted to mount an ISO owned by the domain admin (The main account) it wouldn't let me do it as the VM was owned by the subuser.

No problem I thought i'll just re-assign the VM to the domain admin.. Big mistake, seem to have managed to get it in a state where it won't start, the snapshots have gone awol and I have no idea if the root volume is intact or not - Can't create a new snapshot from it just get a generic ERROR status.

Waiting on support to see if there's anything they can do their end or if I've totally trashed that VM... I'm hoping the data/VM is still there but it's just that the ownership has gotten messed up and thus it's a permissions issue.

Comments

• JacobJacob Member

This just sounds like something has gone wrong in the midst of the change.

Nevertheless, It will be database related so I wouldn't panic, I would say your data (vm + snapshots) are absolutely fine.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

Can't you roll back and reasign the vm to the original subuser ?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2016

That is a problem with the virtual network which is still owned by the other user and does not allow the VM to start. Moving back and forth might have exacerbated the issues though, due to previous error.
    AFAIK it works with the shared network (routable IP).

• @Maounique said:
    That is a problem with the virtual network which is still owned by the other user and does not allow the VM to start. Moving back and forth might have exacerbated the issues though, due to previous error.
    AFAIK it works with the shared network (routable IP).

I thought i had removed the private network a while back, certainly I had changed it to public and removed the private nic (or at least tried to)