Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my only BAD experience so far, with only NECS, happened JUST NOW!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

my only BAD experience so far, with only NECS, happened JUST NOW!

yaochengyaocheng Member
edited February 2013 in General

I was already banned from their service completely, so I would try my best to retrieve any evidence I have got on my hand to list them below !!

NECS posted offer: http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/8037/necs.co.uk-256mb-kvm-3.00-700-gb-15gb-maidenhead-uk-new-location

I placed order and got my VPS details. Just after 1 mins, sales team send me email saying they invoiced me the wrong price and they will increase it! (see screenshot below)

!(http://i50.tinypic.com/10s8xw1.png)

I replied to kindly check if that means this month was 2.50 and next month will be 3.00 (incl. VAT), so they replied:

!(http://i47.tinypic.com/fa3ig7.png)

which was something quite confusing/unclear to me (sorry I am not a native english speaker), made me thinking of their quality of support or I doubt that will be some undefined price shooting at me sometime soon.

Therefore, I start to considering quit their service by end of this cycle and for my own privacy protection so I started to "erase" my personal details off their system, and writing a final email check with them.

Surprisingly at the meantime I got an email saying I got an refund, so I asked the reason, the answer coming back from them are "I am fraud person":

!(http://i45.tinypic.com/jseh6q.png)

I even didn't have 30sec to reply to them before they permanently blocked my access to their website. That was the "best" and "quickest" customer service I have been experienced so far. So I couldn't retrieve any communication or account screenshot for you guys any more.

That was my story. Not to argue or saying they are BAD provider, but it is only my bad experience.

I am still happy with Hostigation, Allsimple, Evorack, BuyVM, etc. Thank you all!

Comments

• Lmfao

• Why would you change your personal information though. You could have asked them to delete your account after the service has expired.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited February 2013

@necs

You should honor your mistakes for good.

• Yeah what @Ishaq said.

• Personally I dont think NECS was really in the wrong here. You have to admit changing all of your personal details is a little bit fishy. Probably decided for the sake of £3 it wasnt worth having this client.

• @ztec @rzlosty I said, as their reply was something quite confusing/unclear to me on the price raise, made me thinking of their quality of support or I doubt that will be some undefined price shooting at me sometime soon. Therefore, I start to considering quit their service by end of this cycle and for my own privacy protection so I started to "erase" my personal details off their system. while I was writing a final email to check with them, they already kick me out ... that was not helpful and friendly at all, personally speaking.

• @ztec if you knew about 123systems, you will fully understand why I react like that :-)

• Hi yaocheng,

Sorry you have not been satisfied with our service but just to clarify this. You initially tried to sign up with incorrect details, then when you realised this would not work you entered the correct information.
    The VPS was then provisioned at what should have been the advertised price in the original post, however we actually billed you a lesser amount by mistake. We informed you of this and said there was no need to pay the adjustment this month as the mistake was ours and we would bill you the correct amount next month.

You were quite happy with this but then proceeded to change you details to incorrect names and telephone numbers for reasons you did not explain. As you are aware, we need correct billing information, as any provider would do. When we did not accept the changes in WHMCS, you attempted to change them again.

This type of behaviour and the realisation that your IP was not where you were actually located forced us to determine your order as high risk so refunded your payment.

I hope this explains this situation more clearly

necs

• ElliotJElliotJ Member
    edited February 2013

This is how I see things, correct me if I got this wrong:

1. Client orders via the LET advertisement, where it states £3/month - Billing (incorrectly) stated £2.50.
    2. NECS notice the mistake, and notify the client that although they'll honor the pricing for the first month, it'll increase to the advertised price next month - £3.
    3. Client changes personal information in account.
    4. NECS spots the suspicious behaviour and terminates the account.

Whilst I believe the mistake was genuine, NECS should have honoured it, however as the client was billed monthly, was notified in advance of the next billing date and eventually refunded, I personally don't think NECS handled the situation badly.

By changing the personal account information, the client provoked NECS to follow a standard anti-fraud procedure, which I personally would've done myself.

Therefore, although I can understand that the scenario wasn't exactly pleasant for the client, NECS acted appropriately and responsibly.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Zen said: Another client that didn't read the terms & most likely was a spammer anyway..

Agreed, then comes to find some cheese to go with his whine....

Sad world, don't abuse hosts, don't be a dick and things like this wont happen.

Simple.

• @necs: "You initially tried to sign up with incorrect details"

I say: I initially signup with accurate details! also with my verified paypal account infor you got with my correct details! so there is no way I can place an order with fraud details.

@necs: "The VPS was then provisioned at what should have been the advertised price in the original post, however we actually billed you a lesser amount by mistake."

I say: the price I was billed with was 2.50 as also shown on screen though your ordering system from very begining, and it was the same amount stating on the paypal and following confirmation email.

@necs: "We informed you of this and said there was no need to pay the adjustment this month as the mistake was ours and we would bill you the correct amount next month."

I say: Yes I got your email, and that is why my first email is to check with you what do you mean exactly the amount to be charged next month (3.00 + VAT ?), do you remember?

@necs: "You were quite happy with this but then proceeded to change you details to incorrect names and telephone numbers for reasons you did not explain."

I say: I didn't say anything I was happy about your reply at that moment, instead I became more confused about your reply only saying "No problem the prices ate all + VAT". Basically you will have all my personal or billing details anyway through any payment gateway e.g. paypal.

@necs: "As you are aware, we need correct billing information, as any provider would do. When we did not accept the changes in WHMCS, you attempted to change them again."

I say: I fully understand that for a genius provider, I would fully share with them my trust/privacy. However as your rushing reaction (refund money and block account) made me think of someone like 123systems. P.S. Your WHMCS is all the time opening for changes for those fields. If you do not allow your customer to do so, make that fields are fixed. I have WHMCS so I know just one click setting for that. BTW, I didn't have any chance to change my details again after that.

@necs: "This type of behaviour and the realisation that your IP was not where you were actually located forced us to determine your order as high risk so refunded your payment."

I say: Instead, I would see your type of behaviour is not appropriate, without any proper communication and understanding with your client. My IP is where I am, I am living in London(UK) using fiber internet services. My paypal confirmed my details as well. Therefore I see no reason for you to determine I am not where I am located.

Finally, thanks for refunding my money and please delete all my privacy details off your system immediately!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

All publicity is good publicity, your in the wrong @OP you got your money they have nothing to gain by annoying customers, they probably did this to safe guard all others.

I would have done the same, learn some respect for hosts, just because you got away with this in the past with other hosts only means other hosts do not care who they have on there servers.

• Thanks @ElliotJ

NECS didn't excactly confirmed to me what do they mean by price raise, how much, incl or w/o VAT, next billing date, or how they will handle my next payment as I was asked to subscript the paypal auto payment.

the refund provided was not due to I changed my detail I think because of the timing, which made me even confused and I wrote them to check what will be their plan for the price upgrade. However, coming back with anwser "you are a fraud"

It was not a pleasant for me at all, to be honest.

• Thanks to everyone for their comments; necs take customer satisfaction very seriously and if we make mistakes then the best we can do is to learn from them to improve our service.

If you try to buy a product at the advertised price and when you get to the till the cashier takes £2 from you instead of the £3 price on the tag, who is at fault? In this case the customer was allowed to take the item and the till was down. The fact remains that the item was never promised at a lesser price from the start.

I don’t think we ever used the words “you are fraud” The actual term as per the screenshot was “high risk”. This decision was based rightly or wrongly on not accepting incorrect information to be held on our system.

Hope this helps
    necs