Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM & OpenVZ : SSH to VPS Container logs into HostNode
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM & OpenVZ : SSH to VPS Container logs into HostNode

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

Hi,

I have done setup of SolusVM (OpenVZ Virtualization with Master). I have an additional single IP Address. I made a /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:1 with the following code:

"DEVICE=eth0:1
BOOTPROTO=none
ONBOOT=yes
IPADDR=144.xx.xx.xx
NETMASK=255.255.255.224"

Rebooted the server & noticed that the host node can ping the additional IP Address. Now, I added IP Block & IP Address in SolusVM. Created a Container. When I try to log in to the VPS, it just goes straight forward to Host Node & logs into the Dedicated Server rather the VPS. Then, I started serial console from SolusVM to check the VPS. I tried to ping from VPS itself but it has no connectivity.

How can I solve this issue so that the VPS gets the IP Connectivity ??

Let me know if any command output is needed !

Thanks in Advance !

Comments

• If you want to use the IP as a VPS then you just add in SolusVM and do not add as an extra IP to the server.

An IP can not be attached to two devices/MAC's.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

AshleyUk said: If you want to use the IP as a VPS then you just add in SolusVM and do not add as an extra IP to the server.

An IP can not be attached to two devices/MAC'

This is exactly the answer ^

• GBVPSGBVPS Member

i think maybe you assign the extra ip to the master node
    IPADDR=144.xx.xx.xx

and then you creat a vps by the same address ?
    if yes you need to set a dedicated ip for each vps

• GBVPSGBVPS Member

please give me this output from master node and vps via java or html vnc if u can access it

ifconfig

route -n

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2016

Thanks @AshleyUk @Awmusic12635 @GBVPS

Yes, the mistake was adding the Extra IP via eth0:1 in Master Node. I removed that, restarted the network & then created OpenVZ container & it's working smooth.