Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alipay discussion - Payment gateway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alipay discussion - Payment gateway

gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

We are planing to add more choice in payment gateway and would like some feedback from users. We are thinking about Alipay. Is this payment gateway interesting for you guys?

Let's discuss!

Regards, David

Comments

• As users in China, it is good.

• Good for getting all your nodes busy in LA

Thanked by 1HOSTBD24
  • SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Any recommended whmcs module for AliPay?

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@SpeedBus said:
    Any recommended whmcs module for AliPay?

Can't say, since I don't use WHMCS. Sorry.

• Hi
    I live here in china . Alipay is useful, have you considered doing your listings on taobao? There is an issue with payments to external accounts as to pay a dollar ammount requires an additional verification of accounts. and as far as i know foreigners can not pass the verification process. As They will represent a reasonable base of your customers. Maybe consider going to the bank of china to open a rmb account . I have used paypal to bypass this. Also consider having windows machines as many people will try to do themseleves as people in china tend to be more diy. also consider self censoring if you get the notice of the GFW of china its too simple for all your ips to be blocked. I know it goes against the grain. Also i would suggest you look at wechat payments
    as they are getting extreemly popular.

on a personal note:-
    looking for reasonable storage vps looking for about 200 to 250 gb
    about 1tb transfer is ok
    looking at about 10 us dollars a month
    ipv6 is important as most chinese isp are pushing to ipv6
    any further information
    send me instant message I will try to help you if you are looking to get more chinese
    customers
    eugene

Thanked by 1aglodek

@samcoupe

We already have an active and valid accredited account with Alipay, we just never use it!

I still have to discuss with them about settlement delay, before I can put it in production, however I don't know if people are even interested in this payment gateway.

For Taobao, I never heard of this before your thread.

Thanked by 1maoyipeng
  • @davidgestiondbi a bit off topic but do you use/accept skrill? I know there were a shitty company but they were recently bought but I dont know if they are still shitty

@Stevie said:
    davidgestiondbi a bit off topic but do you use/accept skrill? I know there were a shitty company but they were recently bought but I dont know if they are still shitty

No we do not use it nor plan to use it since the horror I heard...

• @davidgestiondbi

Oh ok, yea I know i heard the horror too, but I am wondering if they got better, maybe a new thread would be more appropriate lol

• TheOnlyDKTheOnlyDK Member
    edited April 2016

@davidgestiondbi said:
    For Taobao, I never heard of this before your thread.

Taobao is owned by Alibaba group, the same people who own alipay. But it's all in Chinese, unless if you can speak that, you shouldn't open an account there.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • Shouldn't be difficult to find a Chinese speaking programmer to help you out in Monteral. I have done the Alipay and Wechat payment integration few times but all the documents they required is a royal pain. If you are planning to rent some node in Japan or HK, it worth the pain thou.

@david_W said:
    Shouldn't be difficult to find a Chinese speaking programmer to help you out in Monteral. I have done the Alipay and Wechat payment integration few times but all the documents they required is a royal pain. If you are planning to rent some node in Japan or HK, it worth the pain thou.

Was not so pain. Their support is just REALLLLLLLLY slow. Took less than 1.5 week to complete all paperwork. Braintree get more than 1 month and still not finished...

• XIAOSpider97XIAOSpider97 Member
    edited April 2016

Stripe works well (a USD-dominated bank account required) with Alipay.

AFAIK bandwagonhost used this...

Or some other ways:

Alipay int'l (支付宝海外版): AFAIK this works well with a HK company, but a bank account (using COMPANY's name) is required.

即时到帐接口: some people rent their API to you. Since the money will go through their hands I don't think it is safe.

Alipay official contract: (requires a company in China Mainland?) Your domain must have ICP license. Since in my province getting ICP license requires you to take a mugshot (like US prisons' booking photo...) with your hands holding your logo...

God, never.

• Also, some Chinese use a Windows VPS to monitor an Alipay account, and when u r paying they'll redirect u to a page asking u to transfer money from your Alipay to theirs. The VPS will auto-refresh Alipay page...

Once they detected your transfer they will auto mark the invoice as paid.

But I don't know if Alipay's withdrawal system works well with foreigners...

Maybe fees are not low.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

You can't accept it If you are not from China. You must have a bank account in china otherwise forget about it.

@DewlanceVPS said:
    You can't accept it If you are not from China. You must have a bank account in china otherwise forget about it.

Nope. Read carefully their rules and contact them. We already are a member of Alipay with a valid account.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

@davidgestiondbi said:
    Was not so pain. Their support is just REALLLLLLLLY slow. Took less than 1.5 week to complete all paperwork. Braintree get more than 1 month and still not finished...

Braintree took more a month for you to setup? Their onboarding was a breeze in my experience

• ktkt Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

Awmusic12635 said: Braintree took more a month for you to setup? Their onboarding was a breeze in my experience

Sameish here, one reply a day but got all setup within a week. We're sticking to Stripe for now as no one can beat their legacy pricing for intl transactions.

Stripe+Alipay would work but you need a US bank account (they won't accept UK based USD accounts). Payoneer seems to accept businesses now so that should work for people without US bank acc :)

• @kt said:
    Stripe+Alipay would work but you need a US bank account (they won't accept UK based USD accounts). Payoneer seems to accept businesses now so that should work for people without US bank acc :)

Yes. I use Payoneer and it works well with Stripe.

• lootloot Member

There are two different frontends to Alipay (or indeed the whole setup there from the looks of it). There's no way that the backend would be actually two completely separate things but customer service, the intuitiveness and speed and even design when I was looking at options beyond straight bank deposits (or... red envelopes, going both ways). Ultimately the Chinese side was unprofessional as I'm Chinese - par for the course - and the English side felt terribly inadequate or they were very mum about the whole thing, possibly because I decided that I was just gonna speak English to them if Chinese wasn't doing it. Either way, bad way to do business but everyone there does that. Oh, and their customer service in English was polite but um... they weren't the kids who got the TOEFL grades to study abroad, let's just say, which made things more difficult.

IS there actually PP in mainland China now? My computer keeps thinking that I'm there when I'm not but I don't know anyone who has an account that's actually CNY-based.

• hi
    Taobao is china's version of ebay.
    yes I use paypal using chinese currency as it avoids us dollar requirements. Which you will hit with alipay.
    I have 2 paypals one with my UK address and in GBP.
    and another with my Chinese address and RMB. I have bought hosting in in USA and France using this paypal account.
    have you considered using Unionpay the chinese Mastercard/Visa . Its english support is great and they work in many foreign countries and also has accounts in USA.
    I would be interested in reselling on taobao as I have many chinese speaking friends.
    I would need to look at the legality of it.
    I had looked at getting an ICP.

I hope this can be helpful to you.
    Eugene

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

We have quite a few clients who switched to AliPay when we started accepting is earlier this year. Not a single issue to date (knock on wood).