Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel Email Forwarding PHP Script (MXRoute)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Email Forwarding PHP Script (MXRoute)

xaitmixaitmi Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

Hi.

I am an MXRoute customer.

So basically I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction.

I need a PHP script that let's a user enter an alias from a domain that I have.

Example:
The domain on MXRoute is www.xyz.com

The php script would let the user pick a username (example jeff) and put their email address (example [email protected])

You hit submit.

Email forwarder gets created.

Any emails sent to [email protected] get forwarded to [email protected]

Anyone have a script that does this?

Comments

• I seem to remember there being a request to not have any forward's to the 'big' email platforms like gmail and hotmail. HOWEVER now that mailchannel is being used I don't know if that's an issue anymore.

• BochiBochi Member

Mail forwarders will not be allowed on the MX1 server to the following services: AOL, Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail. Mail forwarders, on the MX1 server, configured to send all received mail to these services will be removed. Repeat violations of this policy will result in service termination.

Source: http://mxroute.com/styled/tos/

This means you could be fine on Ocean and Ghost, however, not sure how welcome you are with this idea. ;)
    Maybe @jarland will answer you directly.

• SadySady Member

You'll have to dig into cPanel's API, I am sure that this won't be hard to achieve with PHP.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Bochi said:
    Maybe jarland will answer you directly.

Weird I thought I removed that. Forwarders are fine all around now :)

• RizRiz Member

PHP Mailer will work as a backend for this, but you'll need to configure the front end (domain selection, alias) yourself through a front end.

• @jarland said:

:o wow! Forwarders are allowed as of when (and how do we do that? I forget facepalm)? I was getting a bit worried because GMail only lets you pull from 5 inboxes, so I didn't have room for all my domain catchall accounts.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@user123 said:
    :o wow! Forwarders are allowed as of when (and how do we do that? I forget facepalm)? I was getting a bit worried because GMail only lets you pull from 5 inboxes, so I didn't have room for all my domain catchall accounts.

Forwarders all around! Outbound mail is filtered now, so it's not a problem at all. I'll update the policy soon. Once you log in at the billing portal, click on the package around the center of the page, then click on Login to cPanel on the left side. You'll see Forwarders in there.

• @jarland said:

For mx1 forwarded mail still goes through your .147 IP address not mailchannels, I've PM'd the headers for a forwarded email.

Btw mx1 and vestacp is still the best, screw cPanel's interface!

Thanked by 3jar Syerate cassa