Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there any 10 Gbps Cloudhosting platform like DO?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is there any 10 Gbps Cloudhosting platform like DO?

YmpkerYmpker Member
edited April 2016 in Requests

Looking for 10 Gbps on demand Cloudscaling platform. If you can offer 10 Gbps plans and the option to upgrade them within a few clicks thats all good :) Fast deployment is also a must! Will be used for my clients (mostly wp) websites. Some have lots of media, however no adult content and no dmca infringment!

Any webhosting cp is a + but not necessary :)

Regions: Europe, US

Oh about specs:

The reason I didnt give any aside the network speed is because I am buying a vps per customer so it will be on demand. Thus also the need for possible upgrades.

Comments

• farsighterfarsighter Member
    edited April 2016

Vultr. They have 10GBPS plans and hourly billing option.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • cociucociu Member

budget ?

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2016

@cociu said:
    budget ?

Dpeends from server to server. Will buy a server individually on the clients project.
    I assume avg. specs would be 1core, 1gb ram, 20gb ssd+

@farsighter
    Waaait...they do have 10 gbps? Lol shoulve run a speedtest..

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

If you really need 10 gbps, don't go with "cloud" providers if you don't have millions to burn.

Get dedicated servers instead.

• Why not use DO if you even mention them. They are the one provider that has continually gotten my money every month since I found them simply because of how good they are. Seriously, I would rant for another 2 paragraphs about how much I love them but I think you get the point :D

• @grimsdottir said:
    Why not use DO if you even mention them. They are the one provider that has continually gotten my money every month since I found them simply because of how good they are. Seriously, I would rant for another 2 paragraphs about how much I love them but I think you get the point :D

I will be mostly using DO. Looking for a solution for clients with lots of media though :)

• BunnySpeedBunnySpeed Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

HostUs had 10gbit in the past In London but I'm not sure what happened with that 10gbit offer. Also Linode has... a few Gbit, depending on how much you want to spend. It's not exactly cloud but Vpsdime has 10gbit in Dallas as well... And Vultr of course :)

• @Ympker said:
    I will be mostly using DO. Looking for a solution for clients with lots of media though :)

Aww I understand. I'm not too experienced with distributing media... unless of course you mean a seedbox ;)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited April 2016

@BunnySpeed said:
    HostUs had 10gbit in the past In London but I'm not sure what happened with that 10gbit offer. Also Linode has... a few Gbit, depending on how much you want to spend. It's not exactly cloud but Vpsdime has 10gbit in Dallas as well... And Vultr of course :)

Hmm ive heard alot of bad things concerning vpsdime "we are free to suspend any time" policy and not smthing I wanna risk for my clients. If they e.g. were ddosed they would have an instant suspension. Despite their policy I like their offers :)

@grimsdottir
    Well there are just some who have especially requested 10 Gbits :P

• Most providers that do 10Gbps have it capped to 1Gbps per VM, so you'll never get more than 1Gbps of connectivity. Like I'm fairly sure (some) DO nodes are 10GigE but cap each VM to 1Gbps.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @mikeyur said:
    Most providers that do 10Gbps have it capped to 1Gbps per VM, so you'll never get more than 1Gbps of connectivity. Like I'm fairly sure (some) DO nodes are 10GigE but cap each VM to 1Gbps.

Oh wow didnt know that. Well then I guess I will happily stay with DO :)

• @Ympker said:
    Oh wow didnt know that. Well then I guess I will happily stay with DO :)

Might want to get @jarland to confirm that - but that's my best guess.

Our cloud lineup is 10Gbps public network & 10Gbps private network per compute node, but each VM has a 1Gbps limit.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

mikeyur said: Might want to get @jarland to confirm that - but that's my best guess.

Many, if not most, of our hypervisors are equipped with 40Gbps capacity at this point. To be clear that's not an invitation to use that much on one VM, and I would ask that a single droplet not exceed 200-300mbit on sustained, long-term usage.

Thanked by 2mike0000 Ympker
  • @jarland said:

Is there a per-VM port cap though? /what is it?

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

mikeyur said: Is there a per-VM port cap though?

Ideally, one VM shouldn't be able to burst over 1Gbps. That's not to say that I haven't seen it happen. Would prefer that it doesn't, wouldn't try to see if you can push it :P

• @jarland said:
    Ideally, one VM shouldn't be able to burst over 1Gbps. That's not to say that I haven't seen it happen. Would prefer that it doesn't, wouldn't try to see if you can push it :P

Sounds like a challenge.. ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • hawchawc Moderator, LIR
    Thanked by 1netomx
  • nepsneps Member

Ympker said: will be mostly using DO. Looking for a solution for clients with lots of media though :)

I feel you; DO is great and I use them a lot, but it would be nice if cores, RAM and SSD space didn't come in preconfigured ménages à trois. Just because you need over half a TB SSD doesn't mean you also need 20 cores.

Then again, I do love the simplicity of it all. Maybe its for the best; there's lots of other providers anyway if you need lots of storage.