Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS v6.3.0 problems after upgrade
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS v6.3.0 problems after upgrade

smansman Member
edited April 2016 in General

Emails to clients now look like crap. It is not fixable in that section of General settings as far as I can tell. Also anonymous tickets from non-clients are viewable by anyone with the proper link without login even though we have the "require login to view tickets" box or whatever it's called checked.

Who knows what other fun surprises this upgrade has in store for us. Serves me right for not waiting a few weeks to update like I usually do for major updates.

Hopefully WHMCS gets on this asap. I would expect a v6.3.1 update shortly.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

WHMCS really is a hunk of shit. There's just no better alternative and making my own would just be too time consuming - would take a year +.

I really wish the cPanel acquisition would help, but so far, not really.

• shovenose said: I really wish the cPanel acquisition would help, but so far, not really.

Well, in my experience it got better after cPanel acquired them. Sure, there's plenty of things to be "fixed" or changed, but they're moving into the right direction.

Thanked by 1agentmishra
  • shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    Well, in my experience it got better after cPanel acquired them. Sure, there's plenty of things to be "fixed" or changed, but they're moving into the right direction.

Yeah but come on we don't even have a damn native stripe module. Having to use some third party module for something that simple and frequently reqesuted is insane .

The admin area sucks on mobile. I have tried the paid apps, waste of time and money.

The constant bugs and security issues.

Yet, its still really the only option. Maybe 7.xx will be everything 6.xx is not? :)

• Good to know I was about to upgrade seems I will put this on hold until this is email bug is fixed

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2016

@GalaxyHostPlus said:
    Good to know I was about to upgrade seems I will put this on hold until this is email bug is fixed

I don't thin its an email bug, i think they decide to use such emails.

Their reply:

The css styling is what you want to adjust then. Unfortunately, we really cannot be of much assistance there, as customization is a bit outside of the scope of WHMCS support.
    You might try asking in our forums, there are a number of people who love to help out in there.
    Best regards,

--
    Tom Wh*
    Technical Analyst I
    WHMCS, Ltd

• Are you talking about their logo showing up? Like on cron job emails?

Mine looks okay as I'm using css.

• smansman Member
    edited April 2016

I fixed my email problems by copying/pasting from this link.
    http://docs.whmcs.com/Email_Styling

The update seems to have messed up the original settings in those boxes. Just to make things more confusing they change the names of those fields in v6.3