Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH IP failover from VPS to DEDI
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH IP failover from VPS to DEDI

GeekoineGeekoine Member
edited April 2016 in Providers

Just two questions (to someone who knows about): as far as I know, I can move an OVH Ip failover from a VM to a dedi (and vice versa) regardless of the fact that the IP was originally bought for a VPS, an OVH professional dedi, or a SYS (and regardless of the fact that the dedi had vrack or not). Tell me if I'm wrong in some point.

Now, I was wondering:
1) What about an IP which I bought for a dedi or a VPS that I'm not going to renew? Can I keep it and move on another machine I own?
2) Can I move a 17th failover IP over a machine for which I already bought the 16 IPs without any additional fee? (a VPS or a SYS server)

edit: and, can I keep - let's say - 50 IPs bought for a dedi when I don't renew that dedi, and move them on another dedi, without paying the installation fee twice?

Comments

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited April 2016

Geekoine said: 1) What about an IP which I bought for a dedi or a VPS that I'm not going to renew? Can I keep it and move on another machine I own?

Yes

Geekoine said: 2) Can I move a 17th failover IP over a machine for which I already bought the 16 IPs without any additional fee?

No, you will need to pay monthly fee for this IP.

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • MadMad Member
    edited April 2016

You cannot move an IP FO from A VPS to a dedicated and viceversa.

The VPSs IPs cannot be moved anywhere, you can do it with the dedicated's ones without paying any additional fee (OVH) while you pay the monthly fee if it's the 17th on SYS

Thanked by 1Geekoine
  • So I can migrate from a hosting server to an enterprise server keeping all the ips: good to know. Thank you both.